Dealers..past and future???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Service is where it's at.

Stihltech,
That kind of reputation IS something to be proud of and you deserve a pat on the back. There are way to many poor servicing dealerships out there, so I believe a good one that really works at keeping their customers happy is to be applauded.
I can't say for sure simpley because I don't know the local Husky dealer near you but...Don't be sure he really is more interested in lawn & garden like you think. He very well may be but, his hand is kinda forced to take on the total source package if he wants to keep his dealership and retain the parts discount he's probably used to. That can make things (the way you promote your products) a bit different. You sound like a Stihl saw house and that's where a guy goes when he wants a saw. Some of these other dealers are having product shoved down their throats regardless of what kind of dealership they might consider themselves. The guy that used to be a Husky saw house is now an EVERYTHING house.
A bit of the subject but I wanted to share an observation. I've been in alot of dealerships and I've noticed a trend in all but the largest ones. Let me premise this by apologizing in advance if I offend anyone, it is in no way intended to offend. It seems most of the owners of the smaller shops are not really tuned into the sales end of things. They don't really have a pitch, schpeel or enthusiasm. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty that do a great turn by their customers but I'm speaking strictly by what I've experienced. I think it stems from the evolution of the wrench that turns shop owner (do it all) guy. Most of these guys were mechanics who got some money together, and bravely became an entrepenuer. Their hearts seem to be back at the bench but their responsibilities force them elsewhere. This forces the to either do it all or, hire out someone to do the wrenching. Meanwhile you have a mechanic at heart, playing salesman (accountant, janitor, babysitter...) and all the other things required as an owner. Sometimes this can hurt a small dealership in two ways. One, they aren't very good salesman. Two, the most qualified and dedicated serviceman is on the showroom floor and service suffers. Again, don't get me wrong, some of these guys are the nicest guys and supurb saw wrenches but lousey sales people. Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me?

Back