Dennis, you may have a computer virus

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedanman

Just cut the piano!!
Reaction score
The last e-mail you sent me was rejected by my virus-scanning software. I don't know the nature of the problem but you may want to have your system checked quickly.

hey all..no worries..its not a virus..its a marketing ploy by some company that is selling that virus protection...all my email is protected coming in and going out by my internet provider...Doug Babcock is looking into this for me...

I havent emailed anyone for a few days.....

'Seems there is a problem with my other computer...wont be using it for a bit now...good thing I have a spare...:)
Sorry guys...didnt know I had the virus...seems it took my address book and went to town....strange Norton didnt get it first...

I'm not sure, but Dennis's computer may or may not have a virus. I've heard of people hacking into ISP servers with programs that "observe" email traffic. You might be wary of opening some junk mail, but you wouldn't think twice if it was someone you knew. Dennis didn't email anyone; someone emailed you using his email address. How they got into his ISP is unknown, but resident virus software caught it before it was sent out to you. This may not be exactly what has happened, but Dennis certainly didn't send those emails. I just talked to him and he's checking into it presently, so if you don't hear from him online, that's what he's doing.

Doug, they seem to think it something in my computer, but none of my antivirus picks it up....so I will use this computer tha i just got back from the doctor..till I get the other straightened out...not a biggie..I am just glad my providers picked it up before anyone else got it...so anyone that sent me email today, other than telling me I had a virus, i did not recieve them...

Dennis, you emailed me sunday, with no problems, same as the other times.......

..for what it's worth..

.......soon to be......

.pointin' 'em downhill and lettin' 'em buck.......

...with th' high sheriff and pro patrol chasin after me........!

speedy gonzales

She left me! I have a feeling I know where she went though.
I guess it was for the best, the neighbors were starting to complain.

virus

I also got an e-mail, supposedly from Dennis, that was rejected. I hope you guys figure out what is going on.

If this is just someone trying to sell something, I hope someone can pull the rug from undr them.

Latest posts

Back