Depression deals.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian S

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
OK, I'm going to say we are officially in a depression now. I'm certainly depressed anyway-

Have you all noticed an increase in saws being offered up for sale on CL and the bay? How about local shops?

I've noticed a bunch of heavy duty saws have cropped up here on CL, there was a 575XP and a 460 last week, now three 441's, couple of 361's and a 385XP this week. I've been watching CL weekly for the past two years and I've never seen anything much bigger than a 361 pop up for sale here locally. Some of these saws are really rough looking so I'm betting they belong(ed) to tree services and employees that are trying to stay afloat. As things get worse before they get better I'm betting there are going to some really killer deals come up, probably the kind that leave you feeling a little guilty afterward.

My local Husqvarna dealer must be having a tough time. He is a huge shop with a bunch of inventory (way more than he needs for sure). Well he knocked $75 off of a brand new saw because he said the economy was crap.

I have also seen a lot of good deals on CL on campers, cars, people selling all sorts of tools. It's getting bad out there!

I've seen more saws here for sell, but it's just the off season now. So it's normal for us right now.

Latest posts

Back