Deutz vs kubota 7015's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dillon Harris

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a deutz powered 7015 and was thinking on upgrading to the kubota powerd ones. Is there a power difference between the two and is the kubota less maintenance

I have had my issues with Deutz but they sure do seem to hold up well but then again I can say the same thing about the Kubota.

Deutz is a great motor . shorten up your oil changes ," since the oils doing double duty" and there great . from what i've seen the deutz will recover wheel speed faster and they don't like to be worked to far down in the rpm range. keep them up in the revs and they will work a long time. oh and don't forget the timing belt. have about 9000 hrs on mine other than the odd little thing no prob. with the kubota you have the adition of a cooling system to deal with.

How ofter do you change your timing belt? I think Deutz recommends 4000 hours or so.
well thats what they say. i had the first one go at 1800 hr's . lucky that the pushrods are designed to fail when that happens. that said it was in there for 5 years. since then i do them every 2500 . but i shorten up all maint on it on everything " stumping is hard on them . like the cutter head bearings they say purge daily , i do it every 3-4 hr,s oil every 100hrs

Deutz diesel is the best! In my opinion. Timing belt every 700hr Change oil 100hr air filters every 50 outer 100 Inner your motor will be rocksolid for a long time. I have 2 spare BF3L2011 As back ups all they’re doing is collecting dust, willing to give one of them up if any of you guys need one $4500
Kabota makes a great engine but for grinding I like the oil cold Deutz. Because of EPA regulations the newer machines come with water cooled Kabota/Kohler engines Bigger heavier more expensive to work on it’s a shame we can’t buy these old Oil/air cold Deutz engines anymore.

Attachments

• F900DAC7-7064-4D70-BF71-2FAC3BD94A17.jpeg
    F900DAC7-7064-4D70-BF71-2FAC3BD94A17.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
I would go with the Kohler engine. It's out performing the Kubota and Deutz and has more torque. I have many customers who run them and they like them.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Back