Dht 4 way wedge

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwilliams

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Anyone have anywhere I could purchase a dht 4 way wedge. Seems everywhere online is sold out and have about 10 cord of wood that is the perfect size to use the 4 way on. Thinking it would speed up time alot

Didn't I read in a few places that DHT was out of business? Could be why you can't find one.

Not that that helps the situation any - maybe some knows of another brand that would fit?

I actually have a DHT 4 way system for sale. The wife does most of the splitting, and she doesn't like the 4 way, because
it takes more thought when the log size varies. It is a conversion (completely reversible) the is a new straight wedge and the 4 way,
and it swaps out with a single pin. I am in Mobile, Al

I actually have a DHT 4 way system for sale. The wife does most of the splitting, and she doesn't like the 4 way, because
it takes more thought when the log size varies. It is a conversion (completely reversible) the is a new straight wedge and the 4 way,
Composter how much shipped to pottsville pa

As for using a 4-way on hardwood, 4-ways aren't all created the same.

I've read many times the DHT should NOT be used on hardwood...

I run everything through my Timberwolf 4-way, and it easily eats everything!

SR

I only process hardwoods, like oak. I did use the DHT on white, red and water oak....with some intelligence
applied...and it worked well. Avoid knots and monster rounds,, but it worked. I bought it when I was doing
a lot of 8"-14" dia. blocks, with great results. Then, the wife took over most of the splitting, and she didn't
like it, so it sits marooned and unloved.

A firewood splitting wife. You really have something, you need to hang on to her.

I need to

weigh it and get the shipping cost....will get back to you soon. Jim
I'll take $100 for the kit, but shipping seems to be a problem...UPS tells me $130, FedEx is about $100.
(The kit is installed by removing the original wedge and stripper frame. drop in the new wedge base, and
add the replacement stripper frame. Then you can attach the 4 way or the included 2 way wedge with a
1" dia pin. All included, just requires swapping out the bolts. The wedge base is a 1" thick steel "boss"
that also works if you need to use the splitters to bend steel!)

Oh yes! She is a very hard worker, (and slave driver), and loves to work firewood...and it is good exercise!
Mine loves to run the splitter too,

standard.jpg

She says, the wood keeps her butt warm too!

SR

So gonna be about 2-230. Ouch. I called dht a few wks ago and they told me they were expecting to have new ones out starting March but haven’t seen anything else. And yes my wife loves splitting also. She split prolly a cord a few wks ago while I was working Sunday I tried to call and Couldn’t get in touch with her I come home and she’s out in the yard splitting away

So gonna be about 2-230. Ouch. I called dht a few wks ago and they told me they were expecting to have new ones out starting March but haven’t seen anything else. And yes my wife loves splitting also. She split prolly a cord a few wks ago while I was working Sunday I tried to call and Couldn’t get in touch with her I come home and she’s out in the yard splitting away
These wives might outwork us! This shipping charge sounds ridiculous to me ! You might ask around about a more reasonable shipping method. The plywood box it came in is about 14" x 14" x 12" and weighs 65#.
I'm pretty sure I didn't pay that much when I bought it, so maybe there is a method I don't know about.
Let me know! Jim

I have a DHT 4-way for my 35T DHT splitter. I found it to be more trouble than it's worth, due to the variety of rounds I have. As mentioned, it needs adjusted between round sizes to get the same size split each time. After doing this (and eventually stopping usage) I saw a video with a hydraulically adjustable 4-way. That would be the trick!

If they're no longer available, I'll likely just clean mine up and sell it as well.

I have a 4 and a 6 way, like you said if the rounds are not the perfect size than its a pain. I would like to have a box wedge and the arm to pull the round back.But right now I would rather have the money. lol

Back