DHT log splitters, account suspended??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They got into a pickle with their Chinese suppliers and couldn't work through it.

I believe the parent company is still operating under bankruptcy protection but DHT is kaput.

They got into a pickle with their Chinese suppliers and couldn't work through it.

I believe the parent company is still operating under bankruptcy protection but DHT is kaput.
My American made log splitter that is about 20 years old is still going strong . It is on the second engine now a Honda 13 HP. The don't make them like they used to.

My American made log splitter that is about 20 years old is still going strong . It is on the second engine now a Honda 13 HP. The don't make them like they used to.
In their defense, they made pretty good stuff and their customer service was top notch. Seemed they were doing things right.

I noticed that a lot of the box store splitters are clones of what they designed, so it appears that someone third based them on the distribution side too.

In their defense, they made pretty good stuff and their customer service was top notch. Seemed they were doing things right.

I noticed that a lot of the box store splitters are clones of what they designed, so it appears that someone third based them on the distribution side too.
That box store stuff just isnt made well at all. People are better off to spend more money on a heavy duty made unit. Honda is the best engine. I use mine commercially and have been doing firewood since 1975. Cheap don't pay it only breaks and needs replacement so you don't save money you lose!

A friend has one. He has spare parts all over. The beam cracked on his splitter. He just wanted to let them know where the crack was, welded it. They sent him a new beam. The cylinder leaked or something, they sent a new cylinder. When he asked about parts to fix the old cylinder they sent him another cylinder. Several other whacko things like that. Has a huge pile of DHT parts for as far as he can tell no reason. Is planning to build most of another splitter from the parts.

A friend has one. He has spare parts all over. The beam cracked on his splitter. He just wanted to let them know where the crack was, welded it. They sent him a new beam. The cylinder leaked or something, they sent a new cylinder. When he asked about parts to fix the old cylinder they sent him another cylinder. Several other whacko things like that. Has a huge pile of DHT parts for as far as he can tell no reason. Is planning to build most of another splitter from the parts.

Two thoughts on that. Sending tons of replacement parts out freely likely didnt help their bottom line. And/or - the parts were so cheap (and/or cheaply made and so poor quality) that maybe it didn't hurt the bottom line so much after all. But something sure did, because I think they sold a lot of them.

Did a lot of searching online, reviews, youtube videos, ect. Ordered myself one of these, buts its backordered till Dec 22 at least. Just about any splitter under $3500 is backordered everywhere, save the harbor freight ones.

Back