Dht vs yardmax splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwilliams

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
looking for a splitter 22 Ton -28 ton Home Depot currently has the yardmax 22 ton has double sided log cradle and 4 way wedge for 999 and the same price for the dht without the wedge or cradle. Any input

Ended up talking to Dan at dht and could not thank him enough on his help and hooking me up with a 30ton dht couldn’t pass up his offer again thank you Dan and helping me decide on what splitter I was getting. As everyone else says about the dht customer service. My experience so far has been awesome.

Ended up talking to Dan at dht and could not thank him enough on his help and hooking me up with a 30ton dht couldn’t pass up his offer again thank you Dan and helping me decide on what splitter I was getting. As everyone else says about the dht customer service. My experience so far has been awesome.

Cool. Did you get a 4-way wedge system? What wood do you usually split?

W

Did not get the 4 way yet but it won’t be long till I order one. Normally oak maple birch locust elm cherry

Great wood. Just so you know, the 4-way is only approved for straight grain soft wood- no hardwoods. Voids warranty.

W

sb o_O

Anyway, you have a countryline right? With it run a 4 way in hardwood?

W

sb o_O

Anyway, you have a countryline right? With it run a 4 way in hardwood?

W
You just cant fix stupid, now can you.
I had a 22 ton husky i used for over 10 years, I only split hard wood, post oak, pecan, hickory, mesquite, maple, ash. Having split thousands of cords of hard wood I never broke anything. Not once.

I have not ran a yardmax but have a DHT. I added the 4-way and have not had any issues with it. It's a wedge through so unlike most push through splitters you have to watch what you split to an extent. Throw the knotty pieces to the side and single wedge them later. Customer service at DHT has been fantastic. Always willing to answer my questions and take care of any concerns I have had. I haven't had to replace any parts and I split 99% hardwood. Red oak, sugar maple, elm, box elder, ash. The 4- way has worked much better than the smaller slip on 4 way that a friend has for his speeco.

Only facts about DHT vs Yardmax. Not your facts about Weesa's complaints about the DHT. That is a separate issue that we would like to keep between Weesa and DHT. No need to bring up his issues anymore. It's been aired long enough.

Weesa abused his DHT splitter then blamed DHT. Those are the facts. I just thought those should know about the person giving advice. That's all.
If you look up Weesa's post most every one has something to do with breaking equipment. He has countless post on broken equipment.

We ALL know that. Stop posting about it. Just compare the facts of the two units. We already took away one membership because of beating this dead horse and we don't want to revoke any more memberships. This has all been aired before and comparing his usage in this thread is not helpful. Compare one unit to the other, not his use of one of them.

Back