Dht vs yardmax splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys relax I’ve read his other posts and know a little bit of what happened with his splitter not biggie it is what it is. So other than that ended up talking to Dan at dht and ended up with a 30 ton dirty hand tools with the Honda engine. Just showed up today Got to try it for about 10 because of the rain but so far works great

Dan from dht got talking to me and gave me a great deal on a 30ton I couldn’t say no. And they also have them with the Kohler engine or a Honda engine. I chose the Honda it’s a 5.5 hp instead of the Kohler 6.5

Dan from dht got talking to me and gave me a great deal on a 30ton I couldn’t say no. And they also have them with the Kohler engine or a Honda engine. I chose the Honda it’s a 5.5 hp instead of the Kohler 6.5

Good choice, It should give you decades of good service. I liked the Husky 22 ton I had and I got over 10 years of good service out of it and still got a good price when I sold it. I looked at the DHT's before I bought my new one a few months ago. I almost bought the 35 ton DHT but decided to go with the Countyline 40 ton instead. Honda engines are always solid and reliable, you can't go wrong there. I've already put over 40 hours on my new one and I really like it. Good luck with your new toy!

Yea only got about 20 mins on it so far between yesterday and today with this crazy weather in the northeast 7 inches of snow Saturday and 65 degree weather today and warmer tomorrow everything in my yard is a muddy mess so staying out of it till it drys up some

Yea only got about 20 mins on it so far between yesterday and today with this crazy weather in the northeast 7 inches of snow Saturday and 65 degree weather today and warmer tomorrow everything in my yard is a muddy mess so staying out of it till it drys up some
Get you one of those hour meters and put on it while it's still new. I get mine at the motorcycle dealer. They run about 30/35 bucks and are easy to install.
Just wrap the little wire around the spark plug wire and your done. No batteries or power to hook up, just the one wire. Has hours and RPM and will even tell you how many times it's been started. It's a great way to keep track for maintenance.

Get you one of those hour meters and put on it while it's still new. I

get mine at the motorcycle dealer. They run about 30/35 bucks and are easy to install.
Just wrap the little wire around the spark plug wire and your done. No batteries or power to hook up, just the one wire. Has hours and RPM and will even tell you how many times it's been started. It's a great way to keep track for maintenance.
SB,How does your HR. meter read hours and RPM?Reason I'm asking is that some (many) small,1 cyl. air cooled engines fire the spark plug on the top of the exhaust stroke as well as the power stroke.How does the meter know witch one to count?

SB,How does your HR. meter read hours and RPM?Reason I'm asking is that some (many) small,1 cyl. air cooled engines fire the spark plug on the top of the exhaust stroke as well as the power stroke.How does the meter know witch one to count?
It must count both,then divides by two..

There adjustable so you can tailor the firing order to the motor your using.

We have 2 seasons use on our DHT 27 ton Splitter, I'm Impressed with both the Splitter and the Koehler engine on it. I rarely pull it a second time, even after sitting a month or more.

It has split everything that I have put on it, even some really Knotty ****.

I don't run ours at WOT, I don't like listening to an engine at WOT, I have never needed WOT to break any knot that I have had, I can't imagine it helps engine longevity or fuel economy.

I am another that has had nothing but Great Experiences with DHT's Customer Service, and DHT Knows what Customer Service is in My opinion

Doug :cheers:

I have the DHT 25 ton splitter and agree with the previous posters about the customer service,I had to call a couple times when I first bought mine and they were excellent to talk to.

Latest posts

Back