Difference Between Stihl 025 /MS 250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenskip1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well I guess that the title spells it out pretty much.My 025 is doing very well, however I am thinking about upgrading to the MS 250. What are the major improvements between the two? I like the old style fuel/oil caps better that the new ones.From my reading the 025 was designed as a homeowner saw.Does the MS250 still fall into this category?Is there any noticeable difference in performance related to cylinder design? Thanks, Ken

Well I guess that the title spells it out pretty much.My 025 is doing very well, however I am thinking about upgrading to the MS 250. What are the major improvements between the two? I like the old style fuel/oil caps better that the new ones.From my reading the 025 was designed as a homeowner saw.Does the MS250 still fall into this category?Is there any noticeable difference in performance related to cylinder design? Thanks, Ken
Basically the same saw. Depends if you like "flippy caps" or not. The 025s were pre-EPA mostly or could be readily converted. The MS250 took more to convert to pre-EPA but could be done.

Latest posts

Back