Differences 45-52-58-(62)cc chinease zenoah clones

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine too, took about 4 octopus hands to hold the cheater bar and the special clutch removal tool from slipping out the small grooves, and massive reefing on it to break the bond. After all that, decided to clean the clutch elements from the paint chips off the tool, which resulted in a further octopus operation getting them back in the spring. A good tip, do no disassemble the clutch for any reason lo.!

Mine too, took about 4 octopus hands to hold the cheater bar and the special clutch removal tool from slipping out the small grooves, and massive reefing on it to break the bond. After all that, decided to clean the clutch elements from the paint chips off the tool, which resulted in a further octopus operation getting them back in the spring. A good tip, do no disassemble the clutch for any reason lo.!
That is a good tip, I disassembled a poulan 5020 clutch once, and yes it was quite the time putting it back together.

It reminded me of the time I thought it was a good idea to disassemble a colt woodsman slide... seriously you need 3 hands to get it back together, it was ridiculously stupid

That is a good tip, I disassembled a poulan 5020 clutch once, and yes it was quite the time putting it back together.

It reminded me of the time I thought it was a good idea to disassemble a colt woodsman slide... seriously you need 3 hands to get it back together, it was ridiculously stupid
I've removed and replaced the clutch on 2 of these. In both cases the clutch came apart but I didn't have too much trouble getting them back together with just a flat-bladed screwdriver and a hard surface.
After playing around with the pieces for a while I worked out that I could easily locate and assemble 2 of the 3 shoes with the spring running through all 3 but then have to somehow stretch the spring in order for the 3rd shoe to align properly. So I lay the partially assembled clutch on the bench with the 1 unlocated arm of the clutch centre still sitting up at an angle, and after a little bit of contemplation I realised that all I had to do was lever the as yet unseated shoe outwards by inserting the tip of the screwdriver into the upper part of the spring groove and levering against the end of the arm while applying downward pressure and "pop", it went in.

Haha yeah, the plastics are crap... Haven't put it in the wood yet.. when I will I will let you guys know. Thanks

I have to say that these saws really are junk. They absolutely do not hold up to even a week of hard use.
Champion and craftsman use the same exact zenoah clone but they are built much much better than the amazon clones. There are a couple of other differences but I have a craftsman and it’s much much better

My craftsman saws couldn’t take the abuse I put to them. I pushed them past there threshold. Can’t blame a home owners saw in a pro situation. My little 12”; bar craftsman was cutting 24” diameter wood. Try that for seven nights a week. I was just starting out cutting firewood to heat the house.

My craftsman saws couldn’t take the abuse I put to them. I pushed them past there threshold. Can’t blame a home owners saw in a pro situation. My little 12”; bar craftsman was cutting 24” diameter wood. Try that for seven nights a week. I was just starting out cutting firewood to heat the house.
Yes no question I agree with that. I was merely saying that the craftsman is a huge step up in build quality to the amazon special... what a pile!

Hey guys, first cuts with the cheap stuff

Does your chain brake work on yours?
You’re looks the same as mine except mine had yellow plastics and a comma star on the muffler. My bar said “professional” on it in black instead of straus.
My chain brake did not work out of the box, the plastic was not strong enough to hold the spring in place!

Does your chain brake work on yours?
You’re looks the same as mine except mine had yellow plastics and a comma star on the muffler. My bar said “professional” on it in black instead of straus.
My chain brake did not work out of the box, the plastic was not strong enough to hold the spring in place!
yes it works

barely

I'm dredging up an old post, but my question would be best served by getting to these guys who actually have the Zenoah knock-off saws.

By my signature, you can see I have a Blue Max 45cc 20" saw. Seems like ok assembly to me, but my experience is low, and this is a saw marketed by a US based company (NATI), and then sold for +$200 at Home Depot.
Compared to my trimming saws (Craftsmans from 33cc to 38cc), it's a real beast, but appears to be 50% heavier too. My inaccurate scale says approx 15 lbs (+/- 1 lb) in running configuration.
Craftsman 2.0 weights in around 10lbs with bar, chain and fluids.

So my questions are about the weight.
Given that they are all manufactured differently, will the weight be similar with all the Zenoah saws on that platform? If the Zenoah 38cc saw is a different platform, is that one much lighter? Numbers help.
Sure would be nice to find a saw with more get-up-and-go than the trim saws, but have a negligible weight penalty for it. (My Poulan Pro 295 is a failed attempt at that goal.)

The real deal g5000 come in at around 14 lbs full, the g3800 based comes in at 9-11 depending on the bar and chain combo.
I'll put my craftsman s145 and surpass 56cc on the scale later on and post it

The G3800 and G5000 platforms are individual designs, both largely based on 1980s Husqvarna models. The G5000 is a fairly straightforward copy of a Husqvarna 50 but with a more Stihl-style flexible rubber intake boot. The G3800 has much more input from Komatsu engineers, having a modular design with an alloy crankcase, plastic body and a combination of coil spring and rubber av.
Zenoah also made a 41cc (G4100) version of the 3800 which is barely heavier than the original, however the 45cc "Chinese Chainsaw" is based on the heavier G5000.

Back