Differences Between the Dolmar 5100 and 5105?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are too little info on the Dolmar websites right now, to find out what the "C" and "D" suffixes are about. If I had to guess, I would guess that the "D" is about a deco valve though, and a "C" about a cat.

Just a guess though....:msp_confused:

The D is for decompression valve. It also comes without the cat muffler:msp_thumbsup:

The D is for decompression valve. It also comes without the cat muffler:msp_thumbsup:

I guess they must have received enough requests for it... especially from previous owners of the 260 and 346XP who upgraded. :msp_wink:

When did they begin offering this option?

All the issues that Dolmar was having were with the 5100S, not the 5105 which was tuned down somewhat and also redesigned for better airflow, all to prevent the overheating issue.

Buy whichever saw you like, but the MS211 and 435 are not even close to a 5105... period. You're comparing a couple of Fiats to a Porsche.

I know that they are in different classes, but the question remains: with the same amount of money is the 5015 the wise choice considering how much it has been written just on this site about it getting too hot and being so pretentious and needing constant maintenance? Is it worth the risk?
Sorry if I'm becoming annoying, but it is really important to me to make the right choice, considering the money involved and the period I intend to make use of the saw(I'm thinking like 15 years), so quality, robustness and reliability are the things that matter more than power. A powerful saw with problems is worse than a good working smaller saw.(that's why I'm insisting because I really like how 3.8 HP sounds instead of 2.2)

I know that they are in different classes, but the question remains: with the same amount of money is the 5015 the wise choice considering how much it has been written just on this site about it getting too hot and being so pretentious and needing constant maintenance? Is it worth the risk?
Sorry if I'm becoming annoying, but it is really important to me to make the right choice, considering the money involved and the period I intend to make use of the saw(I'm thinking like 15 years), so quality, robustness and reliability are the things that matter more than power. A powerful saw with problems is worse than a good working smaller saw.(that's why I'm insisting because I really like how 3.8 HP sounds instead of 2.2)

Re-read the posts. The overheating problems were with the 5100S, not the 5105. I have yet to read about anyone needing excessive maintenance for any Dolmar above and beyond whatever Stihls and Husqvarnas require.

"So pretentious?" This statement makes no sense whatsoever. If anything, Dolmar saws are the opposite of "pretentious".

The fact that you keep going on about this leads me to believe that perhaps you are just a troll.

Re-read the posts. The overheating problems were with the 5100S, not the 5105. I have yet to read about anyone needing excessive maintenance for any Dolmar above and beyond whatever Stihls and Husqvarnas require.

"So pretentious?" This statement makes no sense whatsoever. If anything, Dolmar saws are the opposite of "pretentious".

The fact that you keep going on about this leads me to believe that perhaps you are just a troll.

As soon as I'll buy either one I will take pictures of it, of me with it, of me in my backyard with it and so on, even videoclips.
maybe the words/expressions i used are not the right ones(English not being my native language); what i meant to say was I'm kind of scared about the carb adjusting; I have a Chinese saw which broke and although after 3 tanks of gas the chain started to spin at idle speed I didn't had the courage to mess with the H and L. You will probably say that in this case maybe I shouldn't buy a saw and you would probably make sense; but i really like chainsaws and I need one, so probably in time I will learn to set the carb with no problems(from what i understand you need a tachometer for this, so I will need to buy one of those)
Greetings!

Re-read the posts. The overheating problems were with the 5100S, not the 5105. ......

As I said, I have been told by a reliable source that the issues continued, at least with the first version of the 5105 - but I believe that was before the max rpm was lowered.....

Latest posts

Back