Differences in Jonsered 670's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hello. This is a great forum I have learned a lot. I have 1 question. :monkey: What is the main difference In a Jonsered 670, 670 super, and the 670 chmp, I'm lookong to buy a parts saw. I have a 670 champ,2054,2152,and 535 Classic. All great saws. Thanks Kenneth

Love all the discussion

The 670 Super,and champ models are basically higher performance models of the basic 670. the Champ is rated at around 4.9HP stock. dont know bout the super or regular model though.

On 670,you gonna find different flywheel(included key or not ),crankshaft(different keyway) and ignition depending if you got 2 pieces or one piece ignition.Some had a "round" switch instead of rectangular switch,then the switch hole is different in the case.The cylinder in any 670 has the same part #.The champ had a different clutch with "curved"fingers.The earlier one with 2 pieces ignition had coarse threads for clutch and "straight"fingers modified later for fine threads.

Back