Different air cleaner.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catchb52

Reaction score
I had to replace the piston and cylinder on my 2009 Husqvarna 570. (Son ran it on straight gas)

I used an aftermarket kit that is 51mm vs the original 48mm.

Saw runs great until I add on the air cleaner (a new one). With the air cleaner on, it drops power and acceleration down considerably. Take it off and full power again.

I am ordering the larger winter air cleaner, but thought I would ask if anyone has had this problem?

Did you tune it with the air cleaner installed.
I have to tune my ported china saws with the air filter in place, they rev a 1000rpm higher without it. If I wanted to win a cookie cutting race, I'd run without the filter.

Did you tune it with the air cleaner installed.
I have to tune my ported china saws with the air filter in place, they rev a 1000rpm higher
without it. If I wanted to win a cookie cutting race, I'd run without the filter.

New air cleaner. Also tried it with the old one that had been blown out with air. Same results.

We tried tuning with the air cleaner on, but it did not make it better.

With the air cleaner on, it does not get up to a speed where it would cut. It just bairly revs up.
Without it, full rev. Good idle.

These are the plastic air filters with built in filters. Pretty small amount of surface area for air input.u

While I would not think a slightly larger piston would use that much more air, the factory may develop the air cleaner specifically for that size piston.

The winter filter has a much larger filter surface. I should have it shortly and will post the results.

Attachments

• 576486306_1_772x515.jpg
    576486306_1_772x515.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 3
  • db1bcc084c12caa9.jpeg
    db1bcc084c12caa9.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back