Difficulty finding VIN # on a 1998 Vermeer 1250 turbo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeclimber-rf

Reaction score
I'm having difficulty finding the VIN # or Serial # on the above chipper I just bought. Bought it from a reputable company in town that wanted it just to use on their property. The son Robbie can't find the paperwork from the guy he bought it from - or he's still looking. Only had the chipper a couple days now. Anyone out there sell a chipper to a young guy named Robbie in the last 2 or 3 years in Connecticut? It has an asset tag #54 on the back tray suggesting it was a local town or municipality.

Ron

Our 1250 was tagged on the feed drum just past where the chute attached. Had been painted over so it was really tough to read.

You might be able to get the engine serial number and call Vermeer's headquarters. They might be able to give you the serial number to the machine after providing that info.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

You might be able to get the engine serial number and call Vermeer's headquarters. They might be able to give you the serial number to the machine after providing that info.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400
We did find a small aluminum plate with a serial number on the engine yesterday - I will call Vermeer back and see if my contact there can work with that - thanks. Ron

Just read about a guy who bought a BobCat skid steer used from a local dealer. A week later the cops call him, the Cat is stolen, so they come and take it. The dealer says they were just middlemen, not responsible. guy is out 20k, likely to sue I suppose.

So a slight aside but getting VIN, and running past local police to see if its stolen, might be worth the call....

Latest posts

Back