Digit backhoe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shooter3

Reaction score
Hi folks, I am the new owner of an used backhoe. I paid a little more than I should have, but I wanted to be able to finish my project before I had problems! Well I've just started the project and have problems!

Digit was sold to another company. (I have a Digit 2208) who sells parts, but it looks like they buy from someone else and resells them. It took me 2 weeks to get what looks like an off the shelf gear, for 200 bucks. I now need a hub that looks like a common trailer part.

My question is; Do any of you have a digit? and how do you like it? What type of repair history does yours have? Have I been wacked?

I like the backhoe. It has plenty of power for it's size, tires that float over the lawn. Problem is there is no one close by to compare notes with.

Any interested parties out there?

I have one.
Had to weld one of the rear wheels once. It broke off at the hub. Wasn't an easy weld but it held well. My pump leaks a little at the fitting, other than it looking like hell, it's quite a mighty beast.

I have one as well. I love it.
I might be able to hook you up with some parts.
PM me if interested.

Terramites RULE! LOL...

I knw a guy who had a dg it, he liked it. He ended up selling it and getting a tow behind backhoe. Dam thing looked like an attatchment only, but it could drag itself around on tiny wheels and a hydrostat drive... Weird lookin.

Good Luck, check all th rental yards in your area for more info.

I have one as well. I love it.
I might be able to hook you up with some parts.
PM me if interested.

Hey, welcome to AS. Ya they're great little machines. I found out that the leak was a crack in the pump. $150 for a new pump and I am a digging fool again. I'll try to keep this post in mind for future parts but for now I'm am good. Thanks life.

Another part search

Hi ADRPK! Where did you find that pump for $150 bucks? After clearing a lot of land, and digging a foundation (small bucket, long time!!!), the spline teeth wore out, pump is still good, but without the spline , she won't go! My problem is with the price of such a small and simple pump! 150-250 sounds reasonable, $500 sounds like a lot to me. Can anyone help with a suppler?:help:

dig it parts

Does anyone have any places to get parts for a digit? I need bushings and pins for my backhoe and a parts list or owners manual would be nice. If I get some info I am going to make a free site with all the info and free copies of the manual.

thx
john

Diget parts

The authorized dealer is Feteral Manufacturing. Phone is 1-800-367-8660. The parts are prepriatory and expensive for certain things. Great little machine though!

Feteral Manufacturing

thx I have been calling that number for 2 weeks and it is aways busy, I also have the non toll free number and it comes up as not in service, I think they are no longer in bussiness, I need to replace all my pins and bushings, if anyone has a manual I would pay for a copy.

thx I have been calling that number for 2 weeks and it is aways busy, I also have the non toll free number and it comes up as not in service, I think they are no longer in bussiness, I need to replace all my pins and bushings, if anyone has a manual I would pay for a copy.

My pins and bushings are worn too. I might have a manual I will look today where I think it is.

Dig-it Backhoe

I am wondering if a Dig-It's backhoe (it is from a dig-it loader backhoe not a towable) will attach to a Yanmar tractor with Category 1 three point hitch? Thanks for any info

My pins and bushings are worn too. I might have a manual I will look today where I think it is.
It would be extremely unlikely that a bushing would be proprietary. Why go to the trouble and expense of making a bushing that won't be as good as what comes stock from a bushing mfg? In all of my machine design/engineering experience I've rarely seen a custom bushing.

It's likely that the pins are off the shelf too.

Get in touch with Motion Industries. They'll have the hydraulic pumps as well.

It would be extremely unlikely that a bushing would be proprietary. Why go to the trouble and expense of making a bushing that won't be as good as what comes stock from a bushing mfg? In all of my machine design/engineering experience I've rarely seen a custom bushing.

It's likely that the pins are off the shelf too.

Get in touch with Motion Industries. They'll have the hydraulic pumps as well.

Not replacing anything. My pump is new. And the pins and bushings work so no need to spend money for nothing. I keep it well greased and I keep on digging with it. The kohler 18 horse twin cyl. on that puppy is a dream. My only issue with the digit is traction.

Has anyone ever been able to find an owner's manual? Feterl is definately out of business. I just bought one of the Dig-It tow behinds, but it needs a bit of work - could I bother someone to look for a manufacturer or part number on the hydraulic pump? What kind of adapter does it use to mount to the engine? Thanks in advance for any info :D

You might try the Allmand site . They have a neat parts breakdown page . I was told it was mainly off the shelf parts common to other small TLB 's . If I remember right it's under support link . I have one if you need me to check or measure something . Also just days ago a digit backhoe was on ebay and the seller said he had a connection for parts . I'll search ,I might be watching the auction .

When my pump went I read the model number off the pump googled it. I think the pump company who had one was called, "Dalton". They got one out to me pronto. It was $150 around.

I still need to remember to check my stash of manuals for the "digit".

I just picked up a dig-it 198t i need a motor does any one know where the tag for the motor is or know what motor is on it so i can get parts - the manual says its a chs18s 18 hp kohler but the covers say its a magnum 18 hp any help would be appreciated

Back