Dirty Hands Tools Out Of Business?????????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A buddy bought a DHT splitter from Menards. I helped him put it together and used it a bunch. It is a well made splitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently there was a hearing on Tuesday to vacate hearings by two Chinese suppliers.
http://www.cob.uscourts.gov/dockets/mer_doc.pdf
This from Frictionlessworld's website:
https://frictionlessworld.com/
A quote from the website:
" Due to the current state of our business and the COVID-19 pandemic, we will no longer be servicing warranty claims for our Dirty Hand Tools, RanchEx, Vinsetta and Clam brands. We will continue to selling and servicing Redback and Trophy Strike products. "

Yes I did. I wish it wasn’t but at least It was built in China by an American company that controls its manufacturing. Not by a company that puts out a request for parts produced by a company that’s owned by the Chinese government.

We are all in the same boat.

We are all in the same boat.

Unfortunately, sometimes you simply can’t find a product you want or need that was made in the USA, or any place besides CHINA.

It SUCKS, and Hopefully we will finally start seeing more American made goods, but until then, you don’t have any other choice in some cases

Doug :cheers:

Unfortunately, sometimes you simply can’t find a product you want or need that was made in the USA, or any place besides CHINA.

It SUCKS, and Hopefully we will finally start seeing more American made goods, but until then, you don’t have any other choice in some cases

Doug :cheers:

I agree with buying American. We are going to have to pay more though and the rest of the world when given the choice of buying American or buying Chinese is going for the Chinese. Imagine what an iPhone would cost made in America. I don't expect the rest of the world to switch to buying American. Americans paying more for the same goods than people in other countries does not raise the standard of living of Americans when compared on a world wide scale.

I've read the Africa is going to be the next China. A continent where the people will work for even less money. It's not to early to start rattling the sabers!

This is sad to see. DHT made very good products at reasonable prices and was top notch when it came to warranty service. I knew the parent company was in trouble last year.

It appears that other companies are making direct knock offs of DHT products as well.

The actual cost increase for something like an iPhone wouldn’t be as much as you think. The reason for them being made in China is the cost savings Per unit x millions of units= $$$ billions in profit.

Have you any resources to back up your statement?

I'd be interested in reading as it is something I'd like to know more.

My resources are daily requests for custom pallets or crating to the sawmill I work with. Labor rate x hrs. ( or minutes) required per unit + material. $2 per hr vs $20 per hr x how many hrs in production of an iPhone? At $20 pre hr do you think there’s 4 hrs labor in an iPhone? I sure doubt it. If it were that much it’s still only $150 difference including ancillary employee expenses. Then factor in shipping and storage. It’s simple production math . Every manufacturer in the country uses it every day to set prices on cost estimates for clients. That $150 - shipping x how many million iPhones? That’s at 4hrs. Reality is more like 1hr total in production of parts + assembly when you’re scaled up to fill the orders coming in every day. Now how much difference is there? Probably $50. I’d gladly pay an extra $50 but Apple sees it as $50 x how many million iPhones? Economy of scale works both ways.
All this changes when a company contracts with the lowest Chinese bidder for a completed product or castings. That’s when slave labor and pollution come into play. The price goes way down for those without a conscience.

does anyone know where I could find some of the log catchers that go on the 22 ton log splitters that DHT used to sell?

Back