• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Disappointed with Baileys customer service

Bailey's Inc.

Bailey's Inc.

Professional outdoor work gear & equipment
Website
www.baileysonline.com
Wondering what your experiences are with baileys? After waiting for 3 days for a response, they finally respond and are totally unhelpful and resort to ignoring me again. See pic attached.
Hi Tristin,

Sorry for the lag in your emails/messages, We have all been working doubletime to get our new system implemented. I'll try and answer your questions a little better. The deluxe M8 carriage has a bar nose guard that includes a chain catch, it doesn't attach to the bar. If you are diving in the cut your chains rakers may need some attention, the bar rail may be more worn on one side than the other, or bar may be bent at the base.

As far as the low profile chain goes we have a couple of options. The recommended setup would be a Woodland Pro Timbermax bar:
WPTM 20 SS50 Fitted with a Logosol/Stihl 63PMX low profile ripping chain: STL 63PMX72. If you wanted to run a 24 inch you could use a WPTM 24 SS50 paired with a STL 63PMX84.

We do not carry a full size Stihl ripping chain. We do offer a Woodland Pro ripping chain. 33RP. We also have a .058 and .050 gauge available.

As far a a sprocket goes you can just use the standard spline 3/8 you have been running. If you are going to dual purpose the saw you might get an extra rim sprocket to dedicate to milling since the lo pro chain will wear differently than the full size chain.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Leeroy

Leeroy

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm having a time with customer service as well. Back ordered item, then I get an email saying to call customer service that they need cc number again.
On hold too long. Left voicemail and haven't heard back. Website didn't show item was not in stock. I wouldn't have ordered in the first place as this is holding up a milling job. My customer is not happy. Can you help?

Bailey's Inc.

Bailey's Inc.

Website
www.baileysonline.com
I'm having a time with customer service as well. Back ordered item, then I get an email saying to call customer service that they need cc number again.
On hold too long. Left voicemail and haven't heard back. Website didn't show item was not in stock. I wouldn't have ordered in the first place as this is holding up a milling job. My customer is not happy. Can you help?
Leeroy pm me your phone number and we will get this straightened out right away!

Gatun crocs

Gatun crocs

ArboristSite Lurker
Hi Tristin,

Sorry for the lag in your emails/messages, We have all been working doubletime to get our new system implemented. I'll try and answer your questions a little better. The deluxe M8 carriage has a bar nose guard that includes a chain catch, it doesn't attach to the bar. If you are diving in the cut your chains rakers may need some attention, the bar rail may be more worn on one side than the other, or bar may be bent at the base.

As far as the low profile chain goes we have a couple of options. The recommended setup would be a Woodland Pro Timbermax bar:
WPTM 20 SS50 Fitted with a Logosol/Stihl 63PMX low profile ripping chain: STL 63PMX72. If you wanted to run a 24 inch you could use a WPTM 24 SS50 paired with a STL 63PMX84.

We do not carry a full size Stihl ripping chain. We do offer a Woodland Pro ripping chain. 33RP. We also have a .058 and .050 gauge available.

As far a a sprocket goes you can just use the standard spline 3/8 you have been running. If you are going to dual purpose the saw you might get an extra rim sprocket to dedicate to milling since the lo pro chain will wear differently than the full size chain.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Thanks for the response.

1) Please see attached pic. That is the bar tip holder I’m talking about.

2) So, if I buy the 63PMX with WPTM bar, I don’t need to change my regular 3/8 sprocket? That’s contrary to what Jaclyn at Baileys told me before.

Thanks again

Attachments

Bailey's Inc.

Bailey's Inc.

Website
www.baileysonline.com
I haven't seen the part in that picture before. If you have a part number I can check to see if its available in the states. We will however soon offer the F2 accessory package LSL 4525 001 0015 which include a bar nose steering device. We have some on the way should be here by the end of the month. You will need the F2 carriage to use the kit.

No, you do not need to change your sprocket to use the PMX.

If you are going to be using both chain sizes I recommend having one sprocket dedicated to each chain size.

Both chain types are .375 pitch but the drive links are shaped a little differently so they don't wear the rim sprocket the same.

Gatun crocs

Gatun crocs

ArboristSite Lurker
Thanks for the reply.

I can’t find a part number. It is called a bar nose steering and is made by logosol, but I can’t find the part number on google.

One last question: I noticed on your website that you recommend the 7/32” file to sharpen the 3/8 ripping chain but a 3/16” grinding stone. Why the difference?

And on the 3/8 low profile chain you recommend a 3/16” file but you don’t recommend a grinding stone. What size grinding stone would you recommend?

Bailey's Inc.

Bailey's Inc.

Website
www.baileysonline.com
Thanks for the reply.

I can’t find a part number. It is called a bar nose steering and is made by logosol, but I can’t find the part number on google.

One last question: I noticed on your website that you recommend the 7/32” file to sharpen the 3/8 ripping chain but a 3/16” grinding stone. Why the difference?

And on the 3/8 low profile chain you recommend a 3/16” file but you don’t recommend a grinding stone. What size grinding stone would you recommend?
I like a 7/32" file/stone for the 63 PMX chain but that's a personal preference.

The manufacturer recommends a 5/32".

In general is best to use the following.

Grinding wheels:

mini 3/8" and smaller will take an 1/8" wheel.

full size 3/8" and .404 will use the 3/16" wheel

Files and grinding stones:

• 1/4" Pitch Chainsaw Chain: 5/32" Stone
  • .325 Pitch Chainsaw Chain: 3/16" Stone
  • 3/8" Pitch Low Profile Chainsaw Chain: 5/32"
  • 3/8" Pitch Standard Chainsaw Chain: 7/32"
  • .404" Pitch Chainsaw Chain: 7/32" Stone
  • 1/2" Pitch Chainsaw Chain: 1/4" Stone
  • 3/4" Pitch Harvester Chain: 5/16" Stone

Gatun crocs

Gatun crocs

ArboristSite Lurker
I like a 7/32" file/stone for the 63 PMX chain but that's a personal preference.

The manufacturer recommends a 5/32".

In general is best to use the following.

Grinding wheels:

mini 3/8" and smaller will take an 1/8" wheel.

full size 3/8" and .404 will use the 3/16" wheel

Files and grinding stones:

• 1/4" Pitch Chainsaw Chain: 5/32" Stone
  • .325 Pitch Chainsaw Chain: 3/16" Stone
  • 3/8" Pitch Low Profile Chainsaw Chain: 5/32"
  • 3/8" Pitch Standard Chainsaw Chain: 7/32"
  • .404" Pitch Chainsaw Chain: 7/32" Stone
  • 1/2" Pitch Chainsaw Chain: 1/4" Stone
  • 3/4" Pitch Harvester Chain: 5/16" Stone
I still don’t understand why you would choose a larger file than grinder stone. If you use a 7/32” file on 3/8 chain shouldn’t you use a 7/32” grinder stone as well?

Bailey's Inc.

Bailey's Inc.

Website
www.baileysonline.com
I still don’t understand why you would choose a larger file than grinder stone. If you use a 7/32” file on 3/8 chain shouldn’t you use a 7/32” grinder stone as well?
Correct!

It seems like you might be thinking of "grinder wheels" instead of "grinding stones"? With an aluminum oxide wheel its more important to shape the contour of the wheels edge to match the chain style/size you are sharpening. You can learn more about the process here.

Gatun crocs

Gatun crocs

ArboristSite Lurker
Correct!

It seems like you might be thinking of "grinder wheels" instead of "grinding stones"? With an aluminum oxide wheel its more important to shape the contour of the wheels edge to match the chain style/size you are sharpening. You can learn more about the process here.
Thanks. I actually have the Granberg manual sharpener and the electric one that uses threaded grinding stones. I was just confused why your site recommended different file/grinding stone sizes for the same chain.

Bailey's Inc.

Bailey's Inc.

Website
www.baileysonline.com
Thanks. I actually have the Granberg manual sharpener and the electric one that uses threaded grinding stones. I was just confused why your site recommended different file/grinding stone sizes for the same chain.

Oh it might be a type o. would you mind sending a link so we can get it fixed?

Thanks