• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

dissecting an earthquake chainsaw

Chris-PA

Chris-PA

Where the Wild Things Are
A trip to Lowe's and now I have this thing
View attachment 826547

It's a g3800 style saw, not strato charged but the cylinder is a quad closed transfer with removable covers like on the 543xp, gz4500, and 4000 but the intake is just a single port with an impulse hole.

View attachment 826548 View attachment 826549 View attachment 826550
I had no idea they were selling those! It's basically an Earthquake/G3800 clone, but with that transfer design it's far better. Do you know what the displacement actually is? I assume it's a cat muffler?

That can be a fast little saw. Should be easy to port with those removable covers giving access to the transfers - put some card stock in the cylinder to prevent damage on the far side cylinder wall and use a small flat file.

Pretty amazing: this is now the best 40cc saw on the market, and for $150!

Leafy

Leafy

ArboristSite Operative
The 46cc craftsman unfortunately looks just like a normal china 5200 on the parts diagram, no transfer covers.

NIP Group