ArboristSite.com Sponsors

dissecting an earthquake chainsaw

Discussion in 'Chainsaw' started by o8f150, Nov 20, 2012.

1. joesmith

joesmith ArboristSite Guru

That is my justification....the old bar and chain would cost me the same, honey argument. I got another on the way as of last night...

If anyone wants to see what my earthquake cut down yesterday:

http://www.arboristsite.com/off-topic-forum/216140.htm

2. H 2 H

H 2 H FLASHER

While one of my cousins stopped by after the party last night and untied the Earthquake and was looking at it and when I went back out the the garage this morning the case of the saw was laying on it's side even tho the jug was off the saw; Steve wants to run the Earthquake once it's back together

I only used the saw for just a short time before I pulled it apart but that chain is junk there will be a Stihl chain on it as soon as it's back together that Oregon chain was dull after a short period of time of cutting clean limbs

Oh by the way there was only about 9 gallons of coffee drank yesterday; the coffee makers held just under 10 gallons each

swen2jef likes this.
  3. joesmith

I think some of those eighties velcro ankle and wrist weights, appropriately placed on the handle, will give you the stabilitly you want with an added flair of style and pizazz!!

Does stihl chain have the right amount of drive links? If so then I gotta get some of that for this little champ!

swen2jef likes this.
  4. H 2 H

H 2 H FLASHER

That's what I'll have to see; I might have to grab another bar off a Poulan saw (I think that's the match for it) I don't really know yet and I was thinking a 18" b/c combo and I'm also thinking dual dawgs for it also so it can really cut

swen2jef likes this.
  5. joesmith

Double dawgs would take the ridiculousness of this saw to the next level....

On the one I just ordered, I am thinking I will paint it flat black, the red accents lime green, and the dawgs bright fire engine red. Then I'll make some stickers that say zombie slayer and slap em on! Oh yeah, and add a flashlight to the cylinder cover/hood....

The ultimate earthquake build off....ohhhh yeahhh!

henry r and swen2jef like this.
  6. 7sleeper

7sleeper Addicted to ArboristSite

And sell it on ebay for 450! :D

7. T0RN4D0

T0RN4D0 ArboristSite Guru

How do you mean if it has the right amount of drive links? Go to your dealer and if he doesn't have one in stock he can just make you one from a roll or shorten a longer one :)

8. joesmith

Oh yeah, i'm going to Ace today (stihl dealer) and i will see what the have for 3/8 picco in 050"

9. joesmith

I'm not sure stihl chain goes to the dealer in rolls like oregon stuff. All of their 043 lo pro is like 1 or 2 dl off from regular lo pro.

10. joesmith

Yeah...like mossberg is doing with that chainsaw shotgun...add a few doodads and charge $200 more than the thing is worth!

Mossberg & Sons | 500 Chainsaw

11. H 2 H

H 2 H FLASHER

I'm thinking of painting mine orange with a little gray on it; I just hope the paint wont wear off of it :ices_rofl:

12. joesmith

That would be hilarious...see if you can trick a certain person on this site....who prob hasn't read this thread either....or he his lurking in it while trying to convince sellingitasis to ship one to norway!

Oh...btw don't ask sellingitasis to check the cylinder for scoring even if you offer to pay extra...you will not get a reply back. Even if you give good directions on how to do it (muffler side scoring through the plug hole which takes about 45 seconds with a flashlight).

Oh no, I have said too much and risk being made fun of for offering to pay a little more for a better one;)

swen2jef likes this.
  13. joesmith

Well, Ace has 16" picco but it is 55dl and the quakie is 56...guess it is woodland pro semi chisel yellow chain for this little guy! That is probably better chain for speed anyway.

14. H 2 H

H 2 H FLASHER

I'll check and see if one of the Poulan bar's out in the barn fit's

Did ya get some paint ?

15. H 2 H

H 2 H FLASHER

While time for me to head to Ace and buy some orange and grey spray paint since I have the saw taking apart so I can paint it up :D

16. joesmith

Go down to autozone or o'riely and get the krylon fusion that works on plastic. Scuff it with scotch brite and clean it first with a heat gun(warm it) to release the curing agents in the plastic, then clean with 90% rubbing alcohol.

Maybe a little to much for the quakie, but then again, I am a weirdo.

swen2jef likes this.
  17. H 2 H

H 2 H FLASHER

Thats the paint I got and thx for the tips :msp_smile:

Just have to wait till after dinner now to get stated

18. joesmith

You should start a new thread for this saw...something like 345xp eq model or something....Cant wait to do my new one when it gets here....the other one is too dirty and oily to mess with

19. o8f150

o8f150 Tree Freak

OMG!!!!! wth have i started here with the earthquake saw:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

20. H 2 H

H 2 H FLASHER

That's the thing this one is spotless

There wasn't any saw dust any were under the covers when I got it out of the box the tools and the pint of 2 stroke oil was still in plastic (never open)

I've been told not to be out in the barn working on stuff for a while and get all the pictures I took yesterday finished from the family Christmas Party (I do photography)

View attachment 265215

I'm not 1/3 done with the pic's I took yesterday