dissecting an earthquake chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, all this talk of grey and red plastic madness sent me to the bay and I threw out a bid and won one of these suckers for like $58 delivered, it arrived yesterday and today I got around to sneaking it past my new 261 and other pro saws. It appears new with a clean cylinder, I didn't bother running it with that awful choked off muffler, instead it went right to the drill press for a proper opening and mig welded outlet, as soon as it cools off I plan on reassembling it, pulling the stickers and handing it off to Jr for a proper paint job with whatever colors we have on the shelf.

Ok, all this talk of grey and red plastic madness sent me to the bay and I threw out a bid and won one of these suckers for like $58 delivered, it arrived yesterday and today I got around to sneaking it past my new 261 and other pro saws. It appears new with a clean cylinder, I didn't bother running it with that awful choked off muffler, instead it went right to the drill press for a proper opening and mig welded outlet, as soon as it cools off I plan on reassembling it, pulling the stickers and handing it off to Jr for a proper paint job with whatever colors we have on the shelf.

the earthquake sickness is spreading like the flue:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

the earthquake sickness is spreading like the flue:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Got my 2nd 38cc viper today, so I wont be needing that 45er there o8. This one is clean as a whistle, ran like a champ, and NO SCORING!!! (Not lying either!):rock:

Paint some flames on 'er walt...hot rod that quakie:msp_thumbup:

Paint some flames on 'er walt...hot rod that quakie:msp_thumbup:

That's what I did with the muffler with three 3/8's holes as soon as it came off the saw

Mine is all painted up just waiting for a few stickers to come in :msp_thumbsup:

HMMMM; flames why didn't I think of that back to the drawing board :msp_thumbup:

That's what I did with the muffler with three 3/8's holes as soon as it came off the saw

Mine is all painted up just waiting for a few stickers to come in :msp_thumbsup:

HMMMM; flames why didn't I think of that back to the drawing board :msp_thumbup:

Hahahahaha....stickers? Whats it gonna be? 346xp? You gotta get a husky bar now!

I left the saw outside during dinner (32 degrees out) and brought it back in and the stickers peeled right off, just need to clean off a little glue with brake cleaner and a microfiber towel and old chop suey will be ready for paint.

I left the saw outside during dinner (32 degrees out) and brought it back in and the stickers peeled right off, just need to clean off a little glue with brake cleaner and a microfiber towel and old chop suey will be ready for paint.

Chop suey...:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

put a fortune dispenser by the pull cord so every time you start it, you can read a witty quip and get your lotto numbers:ices_rofl:

I used this stuff called "GOOP" it just had to seat on the glue for about and hour then it just wiped off

I think all of this is because we want to bash these cheapies, but for their price, we secretly start to like them...and we justify them because of price...

Plus, you can do whatever you want to them without worrying about the outcome....hence the upcoming husquake with v torq:hmm3grin2orange:

I am looking hard at them. The seller has great feedback and I see joe smith on there. it seems like he is selling running saws with no guarantee. Might need one or two myself. You know
Just to make fun of, right. :yoyo:

I am looking hard at them. The seller has great feedback and I see joe smith on there. it seems like he is selling running saws with no guarantee. Might need one or two myself. You know
Just to make fun of, right. :yoyo:

Yep, gotta say for 40 bucks you cant go wrong...the one I got today was perfect. There is another guy in their feedback who bought 4! Must be someone on AS who is not openly discussing it!

Had some real work to do today but I found time to blend my muffler welds and give it a coat of VHT red, right now the carcass of the saw is sitting within ten feet of the lathe and I'm wishing I didn't have real stuff to do right now or I'd be chucking that cylinder up and giving it a real treatment.

Back