Distressed Spruce

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mu51c10rd

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Posted a year ago and was told to not overwater, prune dead branches, and spray for potential fungus. I did so, the tree looks better, but there are still lower branches with dying needles. Anything else I should be doing to nurse the tree back to health? Thanks for any feedback.

Attachments

• 20191004_171138.jpg
    20191004_171138.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 24
  • 20191004_171132.jpg
    20191004_171132.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 22
  • 20191004_171144.jpg
    20191004_171144.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 22
Looks like a blue spruce to me. my property is a old overgrown christmas tree farm.
I took most out but the remainder took yrs. to fill back in where the bad spots were.
You never know tho it could turn into a nice tree.
When building my house my buddy forgot to put my backhoe in park and it rolled and knocked over this flowering pear tree when it was young. I could never get it to stay upright and gave up.
The Wife hated it since it was in the driveway. I Paid 50 bucks for that tree I was not gonna kill it.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks all. Not sure I can do much if it is planted too deep. Would pruning the bottom branches off help or should I just look at pulling it out and planting a new one?

Thanks all. Not sure I can do much if it is planted too deep. Would pruning the bottom branches off help or should I just look at pulling it out and planting a new one?
Idk... Do you want a nice specimen-quality tree as a focal point in your front yard, right now, or do you want to whittle on this one and wait several years and hope for the best?
How big is the tree? Looks about 5' - 6'? Maybe a 2"-3" trunk? A lot easier to replace now rather than five years from now.

Back