Diy grapnel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hosocat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here's a pic of a diy grapnel I made. Works really well for setting a traverse. I obviously stole the idea from the yellow grapnel being sold. This one only needs a couple dollars of 8awg copper wire. I keep it in my weaver ditty bag with a hank of throw line and a throw bag. The good thing about it is if I sit on it and flatten it, it bends easily back into the correct shape.

Attachments

• 20200211_111144.jpg
    20200211_111144.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 29
Here's a pic of a diy grapnel I made. Works really well for setting a traverse. I obviously stole the idea from the yellow grapnel being sold. This one only needs a couple dollars of 8awg copper wire. I keep it in my weaver ditty bag with a hank of throw line and a throw bag. The good thing about it is if I sit on it and flatten it, it bends easily back into the correct shape.
Hosocat,

I followed your lead on this. Works perfectly...for pennies. Also, the nice thing is if you get caught on a limb, you can simply pull hard and bend the wire to free the hook. Cheers! ZK

Thanks, zeb. I get a lot of use out of mine. I keep it with a throw bag and about 50 feet of throw line in my fanny bag so i always have it with me.

Back