Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jnoel12

Reaction score
Hey all-
So I have quite a few trees in need of macro trunk injections but only have enough kits to do two at a time. Some days injections take longer than others but I’m always still waiting for one to finish before I can start the next. The prices on the kits that I have and the number of different kits available is incredibly high, especially appearing that the kits themselves cost a fraction of retail price.
I have enough equipment (tubing, product, trunk insertions, etc) to do more trees at the same time, but just not enough of the kits/reservoirs. So my questions to anyone whom may have some suggestions are-

1) Does anyone have some ideas or experience where they could suggest how to do these injections with a DIY homemade type reservoir for the water/chemical? Like is there away to prep and hookup to a tree and pressurize the system with a actual macro-infusion kit, but then once pressurized, quickly changing the tube connecting to the kit to a different homemade type reservoir with the solution already in. I’m thinking if there is such a way that pressurizing the “diy reservoir” would be a bigger challenge but if the changing the the leading tube is done quickly that some pressure would remain to continue the injection.

2) With the very high prices of macro-infusion kits available and a very limited budget, would anyone happen to know of someone or somewhere that would have used/discounted injection systems for sale?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jon

If you go to Dollar Tree, they have these "basting syringes" for cooking juicy meat dishes..
they also have milliliter measurements on them for your dosing requirements.
you could drill 1/2" into the tree at a 45 degree angle with a drill bit about the same size is the syringe.
insert the needle and blaster syringe into the heartwood.
Load in your treatment chemical liquid put in the plunger and use rubber bands on plunger to pressurize the syringe. You can watch the liquid uptake since the syringe is clear..
I can't imagine finding anything cheaper than $1.25 plus tax.. .

Latest posts

Back