Do the Russian's make a chainsaw??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool pics

Those pics were really cool!! I wonder how you would go about getting one of those saws? It would be neat to have, just to add to one's collection.

how the handle bar configuration of the Ural-type saws got started?
I don't know, but isn't it comfortable for felling trees?
Maybe it comes from its most common usage in the country?

The saws are simple to have - the most expansive one - that Ural - is about 120-150 USD here.
The saws of the Ural's type are used generally in forestries and logging depots.
Urals and Druzbas are so common in Russia that nobody wants to have them in their collections!!!
:))
:)

The high handles would allow you to stand upright while felling a tree near the ground. Might be more comfortable for us older farts. Also, the low center of gravity, in relation to the handles, would probably reduce the kickback when bucking. It at least is not pivoting right where you have your hand grip, so leverage might be improved.

My thoughts, Bob Underwood

That's a really neat site. I don't think I've ever seen those Alpinas and Castors (Italian) on a saw page before.

I find it interesting that they're still selling Homelite mini XLs and Partners (including one that's a dressed-up Poulan), that new Makita-brand Dolmars are available there, and that I guess those cheap Poulans are everywhere. Also, anyone know if the Macs on that site the new Taiwanese ones, or are they the E-Lux Euro models?

The Krona and Taiga saws seem awefully inexpensive for a modern (post-1960) saw design. What's the quality like, say compared to various models of Western saws? I see the Taiga has a little '70s Jonsereds in it. Also, what does something like those saws or the Ural go for used in Russia?

Chainsaw with high handles, for cutting of trees, scraps of thick branches, to saw a laying tree. The design of a saw is developed by the experts Husqvarna (Sweden) and Central research institute of mechanization and power of a wood industry (Himki). For use on timber cutting on traditional Russian technology. The saw uses the reliable and powerful engine of model 262XP. Outwardly resemble handles of the Russian saws "Ural" and "Druzhba". It is especially important at work in deep snow , cleared away around of a tree is filled by exhaust gases, but, due to a high arrangement of handles, the bodies of breath worker are far from the engine. The handles fasten to the engine by a special collar with a stopper. Having weakened a stopper, the engine can be turned about the axis so, the device will be in a vertical, inclined or horizontal plane. This saw is especially popular among worker, possessing experience work with chainsaw "Ural". The saw is made on one of most up-to-date assembly lines "Himki - Husqvarna" by the personnel trained at a factory Husqvarna in Sweden. The handles are made at the Russian enterprises.

www.husqvarna.ru/fg/products/01-262XPH.html

That saw looks like it needs a pair of wheels and a heated cab.
Anywho, I heard that Loraina Bobbet married a Russian hockey player, now her name is Loraina Bobbet Cutyourcockoff.
John

Last edited:
Again, photos are NOT coming through. Can missing photos be cured or it just a something we have to live with due to too much complexity that geezers can't understand? Would really like to see a Russian chainsaw.

Again, photos are NOT coming through. Can missing photos be cured or it just a something we have to live with due to too much complexity that geezers can't understand? Would really like to see a Russian chainsaw.
This thread and links are over 20 years old….Russia hates us now…but I am sure their saws are unchanged..lol

2.47A8
4.37C2

Latest posts

Back