Do we need to have a Georgia GTG?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone, I am extremely Jealous of y'all right now; the Family Reunion took precedence to the GTG.

I planed on leaving early so we could stop by the GTG on the way, it just didn't happen with the women and children involved....

I Dearly Hope it is the start of an Annual thing.

Thank Y'all for Sharing the Pics.

HEath

I gave Bubba (Jonathon) the camera Saturday morning and said here, have fun. He took some cool pics. :)

That ain't all he took. I was worried the van wasn't weight rated to carry that many rocks or that the Georgia DNR would stop you for carrying away state resources:). Easy trip back up yesterday morning(sorry if I woke you Zogger). Atlanta on a Sunday morning is easy. Guys, if you didn't make it you truly missed a well organized and run event. We had plenty of wood, shade, food and more food. Fisher loved it, he slept most of the way home. Thanks again for the effort put in to make this go off FOP.

Shea

I was only able to stop by for an hour first thing Saturday but I'm sure glad I did. Got to meet several great folks and drool on few saws while I was there. Thanks to FOP and all involved for putting on it.

I think there was plenty of droolin' goin' on, tons of great saws there. The only thing I didn't see was any of the old two man saws.

That ain't all he took. I was worried the van wasn't weight rated to carry that many rocks or that the Georgia DNR would stop you for carrying away state resources:). Easy trip back up yesterday morning(sorry if I woke you Zogger). Atlanta on a Sunday morning is easy. Guys, if you didn't make it you truly missed a well organized and run event. We had plenty of wood, shade, food and more food. Fisher loved it, he slept most of the way home. Thanks again for the effort put in to make this go off FOP.

Shea

That is just the coolest truck camper. Ha, I was awake when you left, was untangling my legs and arms and trying to extricate myself from the ratsunbago ;)

Chainsaw Eye Candy.... OK Randy, what's it mean when a saw has a green zip tie on the chain brake, and does that 261 have an XB sticker? Looks like a very cool affair!!! DW

No, the 261 has as XP sticker. Unlike the XP on a Husqvarna, it does not mean Xtra Plastic. :laugh:

We put zip ties on all our saws when we go to GTGs. That way we can spot them at a glance.

Spencer Paving's Grenade 066 was a very impressive saw. It's been awhile since someone else's work has really impressed me, but his saw did.

My hat is off to you my friend, good work. :)
Glad you liked it. Brett builds some very good running saws. I have a 064 built almost identical to that grenade saw.

I am going to go into town later today to get some better internet and will post up a few more pics then. I'll try to get some names on there too. I added a few via edit function to the pics I previously posted. Groundi is talking about "next time".
Groundi did a capital job on the GTG - she must have had an excellent second in command. I think we set some pretty high marks for the first time - lunch slab had a lot of controlled substances like pork, pies & cookies. I don't think I was able to ask everyone a newbie question or shake hands with all the great saws - maybe next time if it's not too late to sign up. I think Roger enjoyed everyone as much as I. We talked about the day until almost back near Athens before we asked - I wonder if the Bulldogs won? Thanks, Jim

We put zip ties on all our saws when we go to GTGs. That way we can spot them at a glance.[/QUOTE said:
Great idea, just wondering, but what colors do you use? I would hate to walk off with a 'monkeyed' saw.....then I could be popular like all the 'cool' kids.:)

I don't know if we can thank you guys enough for the hospitality and work put in. I also have to admit you are an awesome firewood hoarder.....I envy you. NEXT time I will bring a trailer with me.

Shea

Latest posts

Back