Do we REALLY want regulatory control?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be sitting by the computer waiting breathlessly til the vid makes its debut :cheers:

Hell dont wait.....I got a nice big sycamore tmrw & a row of osage tues & wed...............come on out & play!!! I work too much at my biz to take pic`s all the time.......Vid should be out in march/april its a 30 second or 1minute still shot type of thing...IDK, I just do the work & trust my rep in the ad dept.....she has done a good job for me so far!!! have to set a date for the pic`s to be taken!!

I wouldnt want you to wait that long at your age, let alone remember what we discussed here in january!..........LOL!! just kidding with ya!!

Take care treevet, enjoy your family & be safe!

LXT.........

Ain't gonna happen, heard enough already from decent people here. Anyways, what about BC Hydro, all of the veg guys ISA certified, watching people climb with spurs to trim, always?

Are they ISA certified or CUA?

Anyway, you obviously haven't read the ISA Code of Ethics, which governs how a CA should practice.

I quote a couple of items

Certified Arborist compliance with all organizational rules, policies and legal
requirements. Certificants and candidates must:
1. Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and ethical standards
governing professional practice of arboriculture.
2. Comply with all accepted professional standards related to arboriculture
practice, including national practice standards and policies.

The entire Code of Ethics - http://www.isa-arbor.com/certification/resources/ISACertifiedArboristCodeofEthics.pdf

By reading item 2, you will note that it states accepted professional standards including national practice standards. I see nothing that says using spurs when doing powerline clearance pruning is wrong, if it is according to accepted professional standards.

I suspect that many on this board haven't read the Code either and while the ISA promotes the use of spurless climbing to prune residential trees, it makes no comment on those trees that are pruned for line clearance. Given how these trees must be pruned in order to meet the standards of the contract, spurring them is the least of their problem.

It's time to give up your rant on Veg Managers who are CA authorizing the use of spurs.[/QUOTE]

Some veg coordinators are CUAs as well as ISA certified, a few. They are all ISA certified. So the ISA makes no comment on the use of spurs for line clearance, but does for residential trees. What about the many trees that are in someones front or back yard, and also by the powerline? Are they peoerline trees, or are they residential trees?

I also take issue with your comment about spurs being the least of the issues, given the way they are pruned for clearance. CUAs in BC are taught to make proper cuts. Dr. Shigos yellow book is handed to you at school, and it is a good book.

treevet and lxt......................

both of you should make friends and be damn glad you have work!

lots of us don't. no matter how good we are.

Back on topic....why don't we want gummit taking control of our profession?

They take everything too far that may start with good intentions or at least good propaganda.

Look at public assistance for the poor.....the "poor" have totally taken over a huge luxury apartment complex near my place of business. They walk up and down the road by my lot with their pants dragging on the ground as they cannot afford a vehicle yet they live in luxury and I mean luxury housing. At first it was section 8 housing then I guess last year they allowed it to be anywhere instead of just assigned areas. They bring their associated with poverty crime and everyone runs away like it was the plague eventually essentially moving the ghetto with them to where ever they go.

Now we are going to have Obama health care where we people that work hard pay for those that cannot afford health care or in most cases don't want to work for it or anything else.

Both of these examples involve "reparations" Imo and there is many opportunities for personal interests or favoritism in our profession when Uncle Sam or the local magistrate gets into our biz.

A good example I guess could be govt. getting involved with licensing motor vehicles and keeping drunken stoned incompetent drivers from killing the sober competent ones and collecting registration and licensing fees for betterment of roads etc. but this is one drop in the bucket in comparison to all they screw up.

What are some of the things they can screw up when they take over? Don't think this is a dream because almost any forum you go on people that are in govt. positions discuss the work that is in progress to do this and my government that I am familiar with in my locale by being on an Urban Forestry Board is creeping step by step into peoples private trees.

In England I read recently....any tree that you can see even part of from any public venue or building is considered a public tree and thus subject to government regulation.

Last edited:
both of you should make friends and be damn glad you have work!

lots of us don't. no matter how good we are.

We did......I agree with ya!! Treevet is a classy guy & I respect what he has done, doing & will do!! I should be working now....little wet to play in the sycamore today, rescheduled for later this week!!

LOL, I`ll catch the bus to school tmrw. thats pretty good!! & the start shaving thing....you got me good!! :cheers:

ok, onto the thread topic!!!

LXT...........

LXT................

Yes I agree. If the government took over the ISA membership fees would skyrocket, unless you were unemployed or a member of a minority, and services would decline.

What is required, is that an org like the ISA be controlled by tree workers and be mandated by government to enforce compliance to a set of standards.

Gee that was easy to type!

Of course what those standards were and how they were enforced would be up to the representative governing body of the ISA. Of course there is possibility of corruption. Of course there is a chance of failure. But any chance is better than having to listen to everybody moan about sub standard work in the industry (and see it myself).

Yes, of course I have considered the possibility that I may be talking out of my butt, damn left wing pinko that I am!:cheers:

I have read your 3 time posting.......:dizzy: you still dont get it!!! & im not gonna continue to post the same thing in regards to your posts! It doesnt get through to you!! hell come over to the US & fix us...its so easy..I mean hell....some of you guys have all the answers

I did give you what needs to be done to a certain degree!!! again I`ll ask?

WHERE IS THE $$$$ GOING TO COME FROM...you are good at saying this & that..........be real:dizzy: whew.......Again....Trees are not a priority nor tree care services that the Govt will impose mandatory regulations on how biz`s perform tree care functions!!! if you think so...Good for you!!

Funny......most want to use climate change as a way for regulation, these are the same azzes who on political threads would claim CC doesnt exist & Al gore is full of it!! hypocrites!! they use what they can when it profits for them!!! but would bash a certain party for doing the same!!!

Oomt, good luck...be safe & careful in what you do!!

LXT..............

Honestly I think you are being obtuse for the sake of it. The money saved on needless repeat topping is more than enough to cover the cost of hiring an appropriately skilled arborist to inspect trees after work is done according to the permit requested. It doesnt get much simpler than that. I don't know what wages would run to there but here the council saved just shy of a million and their arb costs them a hundred thou. That's a lot of change left over. They used it to pay for staged removals of over pruned trees and plant new specimens that are the right species for the location. Imagine how much money appropriate planting can save in the long term.

Let me illustrate the point with a few links just so you know I am talking about real places and people.

The city of Stirling is a good example of broad spectrum housing. They cover suburbs that are for millionaires and suburbs that are rental properties only. This link is to their current street tree policy. http://www.stirling.wa.gov.au/home/development/Roads+and+Footpaths/Street+Trees.htm These guys are still operating on tree pruning programs that written over 50 years ago. Or perhaps they were written last week and the minds that conceived them are still in the 1950's.... I dunno. They have this great program that talks about planting a million trees by 2020. Sadly they still butcher the 500, 000 plus street trees that are their responsibility to manage.

This is one typical street in Inglewood
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=inglewood+perth+WA&sll=-25.335448,135.745076&sspn=54.23735,78.837891&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Inglewood+Western+Australia&ll=-31.919438,115.882842&spn=0.000801,0.001203&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=-31.919299,115.882681&panoid=7t-N_ecJKZVZNn5JKR5LXg&cbp=12,139.58,,0,9.88 where Lophostemon confertus (brush box) were planted decades ago as street trees. Firstly why pick a tree that grows over 20 metres high in local conditions to plant under power lines that are 5 metres high? Or if you prefer, why not, after the first half dozen toppings, do the math and remove that tree and plant a native (brush box is from 5000km away) that grows to 4 metres like Callistemon viminalis(weeping bottlebrush). Sadly once you start topping it becomes a disease. If you rotate that street view and look closely at the trees on the side of the road without power lines you can see they have been repeatedly topped too. Why? Because they are too big!

Now lets use these real life trees as examples. Lets say that this council spends just $50 per tree to prune them. I know many that must be pruned EVERY year but lets be cautious and say it is every second year. So, 500,000 trees at $50 each is $25 000 000 every 2 years or $12 500 000 per year. You can buy a bottle brush sapling 2 metres tall for $150 if you buy them 1 at a time. If you buy them 1000 at a time you would save enough on the price of the tree to pay for the labour to plant them. So in 6 years ($50 every second year remember) you can completely pay for the new tree which will then take at least 20 years to get close to the lowest power lines if indeed it ever gets there at all. This link is a row of these trees all of which are now over 20 years old and, coincidentally, all of which are owned by the city of Stirling. http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=beach+road+girrawheen+WA&sll=-31.919299,115.882681&sspn=0.000806,0.001203&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Beach+Rd,+Girrawheen+Western+Australia+6061&ll=-31.84764,115.834769&spn=0.000778,0.001203&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=-31.84774,115.834638&panoid=TsS8-7lHsnhiVrGCfYkHBg&cbp=12,263.85,,0,6.91 If the Google photograph was taken in October the trees would look like this

attachment.php

So back to the math one more time. If it costs 6 years worth of pruning to plant 2 metres specimens but you then have 20 years of no pruning required how much money did that cost? It didn't cost ANYTHING!!!!! In fact the city just saved, over the course of 20 years,
$125 000 000

I hope that is now clear enough. It is possible for local government to manage trees far better than they do. In order for these changes to take place there needs to be new regulations. What sort of regulation and how it would be applied will vary from country to country but they will be necessary.

Isaac Newton told us "An object in motion will stay in motion and an object at rest will stay at rest unless acted upon by an external force". Or as I say to my children "If nothing changes then nothing changes".

Last edited:
I agree with what Treevet said, Govt. involvement wouldnt be good.....I am currently in the process of getting my (ITQ) invitation to quote....ready for the new up coming state contract, they have a minority section in there thats ridiculous!!

Basically, it would allow any minority operated biz a much better opportunity to be granted a contract......as long as they meet the minimum standards...which are a joke!

I like my profession/trade alot, I speak out & try to implement a greater awareness of tree(s), the dangers, benefits, proper care, etc... its sad that most people on the local boards just dont care!!!

I dont know how to fully fix the problems associated with our trade, there will always be a loop hole for the "hack" businesses in any trade, the only thing I could see helping is to have the CA credential become a license much like a Nurse.....?????, one town in my area requires permits to trim/remove trees...but no requirement on who the home owners contractor is or what their credentials are................A home builder bid a tree job & placed scaffold around the tree & built up as they removed it...was the joke among all us Tree care co.

We went to the meeting complained & the township solicitor told us that Home owners have the freedom of choice to decide who may/maynot perform work on their property....as long as the basic requirements are met!!

IDK........what can we do to safegaurd our trade & make it better!!

LXT................

OOMT,...........can some one else please explain to outofmytree about the inner workings here in America!!! Please!! he just doesnt get it.

OOMT, have you noticed that most of the other posters are in the states & that they/we cant even agree on what would work!!!! Your thought that money would be saved by proper care is WRONG why?

There are specifications set forth by the hiring agency....their specifications!! the bidder must follow those specs, doing less would mean improperly done & the contractor (under agreement) would be forced to do re-work!!! do you now get it!!!!! someone help me here!!! am I wrong????

Residentially, Yes I/we who do proper care implement the practices appropiate with the specie of tree.....however this is in regard to home owners & they all have different wants for their desired outcome, above this stage Local, State & Federal Govt......you will bid according to the specifications......good luck at changing those specs!!!

I am getting ready for the state bids...have the specs in front of me, there is no mention of collar cuts, proper pruning, etc.. it states 25ft from center of road trimmed ground to sky or what ever can be reached from a 50ft bucket.
stubs have been left by past contractors, tears, peels...you name it

to do it properly & I will try if I get the bid......try!! why? cause some of these trees have been trimmed in a way that to correct the problem will be very time consuming, there are deadlines to meet & the $$$$ dictates it all. Do what the specs say or they let you go!!or worse Re-work

hopefully this will sink in, hopefully now you understand how it works here..atleast in my state!!!

LXT..............

Last edited:
OOMT,...........can some one else please explain to outofmytree about the inner workings here in America!!! Please!! he just doesnt get it.

OOMT, have you noticed that most of the other posters are in the states & that they/we cant even agree on what would work!!!! Your thought that money would be saved by proper care is WRONG why?

There are specifications set forth by the hiring agency....their specifications!! the bidder must follow those specs, doing less would mean improperly done & the contractor (under agreement) would be forced to do re-work!!! do you now get it!!!!! someone help me here!!! am I wrong????

Residentially, Yes I/we who do proper care implement the practices appropiate with the specie of tree.....however this is in regard to home owners & they all have different wants for their desired outcome, above this stage Local, State & Federal Govt......you will bid according to the specifications......good luck at changing those specs!!!

I am getting ready for the state bids...have the specs in front of me, there is no mention of collar cuts, proper pruning, etc.. it states 25ft from center of road trimmed ground to sky or what ever can be reached from a 50ft bucket.
stubs have been left by past contractors, tears, peels...you name it

to do it properly & I will try if I get the bid......try!! why? cause some of these trees have been trimmed in a way that to correct the problem will be very time consuming, there are deadlines to meet & the $$$$ dictates it all. Do what the specs say or they let you go!!or worse Re-work

hopefully this will sink in, hopefully now you understand how it works here..atleast in my state!!!

LXT..............

Wow. It is fortunate that other residents of Pa do not roll over when tough choices come up. If Benjamin Franklin had your "its all too hard" attitude the constitution might be a whole different document!

So far all you have done is whine about how corrupt your government is and how things don't get done right. Harden up princess. We have our own share of hogs with their snouts in the public trough and life still goes on.

Perhaps you should get someone at your end to explain my previous posts because they clearly go over your head. I said the regulation would be at the local govt end, that is, the body doing the hiring.
I am getting ready for the state bids...have the specs in front of me, there is no mention of collar cuts, proper pruning, etc..
This is where regulation would do the most good. Right here. Are you getting this now?? Once the goverment itself complies to the existing standards then industry compliance is automatic. The cost of compliance is no longer an issue and professional tree companies can focus on doing a better standard of work. The trickle down effect of this sort of change is a strong influence on HO's too. They see street trees being pruned a certain way and assume it is correct so they ask for the same thing.

Remember this?!

We have exactly the same problem. Like I said. Three things are needed.

1.More skills and knowledge for ALL tree workers

2.Regulation as to who may work for gain or profit on trees of a given size

3.Public education so everyone knows that tree work is a skilled trade that must be done by skilled trades people.

The trick of course is finding a system which works in each different country. I doubt there is a one-size-fits-all solution but the bare bones of it will be similar.

Once again I remind you to look at the red part. I am well aware that there will be different models to suit different countries and even different states or localities. I am also well aware that there will be plenty of whiners saying "it can't be done here" but history shows that the whiners fade away and those who had the determination to make something better won out.

OMG..........oomt, you must have been bitten by some form of venemous creature which affected the part of your brain for understanding!!

Did you read my whole post?? :dizzy: Im the guy pointing:buttkick:!!!!!!

Well sprout, here in PA all the other contractors doing the state work....do it to specs, to change those is not an option for us contractors!! re-read this till it sinks in!!!

Im not whining about Govt. Im telling you as clear as possible...LOCAL GOVT. doesnt care to change the way biz is conducted...especially for our trade!! Re-read this till it sinks in!!!

No one at my end wants to explain it to you!!!! As my PM box has posts within it declaring how ridiculously stupid you must be to not understand what I have written!!! let alone.. them telling me to ignore you!!! like they are doing.....Re-read this till it sinks in

Regulation as you mentioned "for proper work" would mean more time initially to correct the wrong....Guess what Einstein? they are not going to pay more for the time needed for such!!! ITS BID WORK do you know what that means?? really....do you?? Re read this till it sinks in!!!

your thought as too whats needed for the problem:

1- more skills & knowledge for all tree workers

Really....we already have several entities that provide such!! not to mention most employers have a standard training program for tree workers. well thats #1 down..two more to go...Re-read this till it sinks in!!!!

2- regulation as to who may work for gain or profit on trees of a given size

:dizzy: what is a tree of given size?? 10 ft...20ft...90ft.. who in the hell is gonna determine what size a tree needs to be for a professional to work on it, A tree over here is determined by DBH... not sure if the same where you are!! can you see it? "well Jim thats a tree of given size better get a pro" yep...this would go over like a turd in the face!!

3- Public Education so that everyone knows...bla bla bla

Hmmm...ISA, TCIA, Arbor day foundation, Tree city USA, etc...I believe these guys are already doing that, yeah I imagine they need to really beef up on media coverage, commercials, enforcement of CA ethics, etc... shouldnt cost but a few million dollars, I get right on that!!!!!!

Now for your RED part, Really!!!!!!! well we Americans would have never thought of that!!

whew!!!! I have chronologically answered your questions...what I would suggest is for you to read up on & understand the following terms:

Bid work, specifications, re-work, priority, lobbying contract & above all... again, where will the $$$ come from to regulate as you are suggesting!

oomt, your post is clearly that of a dolt, you lack the ability to clearly understand what I have posted & how it works HERE!!, I dont know if your remedial reading skills are impaired or if its your understanding?

I am done explaining to you!! preschoolers would have gotten it by now

LXT.........

obviously.....................

Honestly I think you are being obtuse for the sake of it. The money saved on needless repeat topping is more than enough to cover the cost of hiring an appropriately skilled arborist to inspect trees after work is done according to the permit requested. It doesnt get much simpler than that. I don't know what wages would run to there but here the council saved just shy of a million and their arb costs them a hundred thou. That's a lot of change left over. They used it to pay for staged removals of over pruned trees and plant new specimens that are the right species for the location. Imagine how much money appropriate planting can save in the long term.

Let me illustrate the point with a few links just so you know I am talking about real places and people.

The city of Stirling is a good example of broad spectrum housing. They cover suburbs that are for millionaires and suburbs that are rental properties only. This link is to their current street tree policy. http://www.stirling.wa.gov.au/home/development/Roads+and+Footpaths/Street+Trees.htm These guys are still operating on tree pruning programs that written over 50 years ago. Or perhaps they were written last week and the minds that conceived them are still in the 1950's.... I dunno. They have this great program that talks about planting a million trees by 2020. Sadly they still butcher the 500, 000 plus street trees that are their responsibility to manage.

This is one typical street in Inglewood
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=inglewood+perth+WA&sll=-25.335448,135.745076&sspn=54.23735,78.837891&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Inglewood+Western+Australia&ll=-31.919438,115.882842&spn=0.000801,0.001203&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=-31.919299,115.882681&panoid=7t-N_ecJKZVZNn5JKR5LXg&cbp=12,139.58,,0,9.88 where Lophostemon confertus (brush box) were planted decades ago as street trees. Firstly why pick a tree that grows over 20 metres high in local conditions to plant under power lines that are 5 metres high? Or if you prefer, why not, after the first half dozen toppings, do the math and remove that tree and plant a native (brush box is from 5000km away) that grows to 4 metres like Callistemon viminalis(weeping bottlebrush). Sadly once you start topping it becomes a disease. If you rotate that street view and look closely at the trees on the side of the road without power lines you can see they have been repeatedly topped too. Why? Because they are too big!

Now lets use these real life trees as examples. Lets say that this council spends just $50 per tree to prune them. I know many that must be pruned EVERY year but lets be cautious and say it is every second year. So, 500,000 trees at $50 each is $25 000 000 every 2 years or $12 500 000 per year. You can buy a bottle brush sapling 2 metres tall for $150 if you buy them 1 at a time. If you buy them 1000 at a time you would save enough on the price of the tree to pay for the labour to plant them. So in 6 years ($50 every second year remember) you can completely pay for the new tree which will then take at least 20 years to get close to the lowest power lines if indeed it ever gets there at all. This link is a row of these trees all of which are now over 20 years old and, coincidentally, all of which are owned by the city of Stirling. http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=beach+road+girrawheen+WA&sll=-31.919299,115.882681&sspn=0.000806,0.001203&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Beach+Rd,+Girrawheen+Western+Australia+6061&ll=-31.84764,115.834769&spn=0.000778,0.001203&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=-31.84774,115.834638&panoid=TsS8-7lHsnhiVrGCfYkHBg&cbp=12,263.85,,0,6.91 If the Google photograph was taken in October the trees would look like this

attachment.php

So back to the math one more time. If it costs 6 years worth of pruning to plant 2 metres specimens but you then have 20 years of no pruning required how much money did that cost? It didn't cost ANYTHING!!!!! In fact the city just saved, over the course of 20 years,
$125 000 000

I hope that is now clear enough. It is possible for local government to manage trees far better than they do. In order for these changes to take place there needs to be new regulations. What sort of regulation and how it would be applied will vary from country to country but they will be necessary.

Isaac Newton told us "An object in motion will stay in motion and an object at rest will stay at rest unless acted upon by an external force". Or as I say to my children "If nothing changes then nothing changes".

you are not very familiar with are government.

by the way,don't you have some guns to turn it?

how's that gun regulation going for you?

crime must be 100% non existent Down Under now.

yeah right!

you are not very familiar with are government.

by the way,don't you have some guns to turn it?

how's that gun regulation going for you?

crime must be 100% non existent Down Under now.

yeah right!

Dunno what the gun control comment is about FC. This is thread is about tree work. My firearms are in the gun safe where they belong.

OMG..........oomt, you must have been bitten by some form of venemous creature which affected the part of your brain for understanding!!

Did you read my whole post?? :dizzy: Im the guy pointing:buttkick:!!!!!!

Well sprout, here in PA all the other contractors doing the state work....do it to specs, to change those is not an option for us contractors!! re-read this till it sinks in!!!

Im not whining about Govt. Im telling you as clear as possible...LOCAL GOVT. doesnt care to change the way biz is conducted...especially for our trade!! Re-read this till it sinks in!!!

No one at my end wants to explain it to you!!!! As my PM box has posts within it declaring how ridiculously stupid you must be to not understand what I have written!!! let alone.. them telling me to ignore you!!! like they are doing.....Re-read this till it sinks in

Regulation as you mentioned "for proper work" would mean more time initially to correct the wrong....Guess what Einstein? they are not going to pay more for the time needed for such!!! ITS BID WORK do you know what that means?? really....do you?? Re read this till it sinks in!!!

your thought as too whats needed for the problem:

1- more skills & knowledge for all tree workers

Really....we already have several entities that provide such!! not to mention most employers have a standard training program for tree workers. well thats #1 down..two more to go...Re-read this till it sinks in!!!!

2- regulation as to who may work for gain or profit on trees of a given size

:dizzy: what is a tree of given size?? 10 ft...20ft...90ft.. who in the hell is gonna determine what size a tree needs to be for a professional to work on it, A tree over here is determined by DBH... not sure if the same where you are!! can you see it? "well Jim thats a tree of given size better get a pro" yep...this would go over like a turd in the face!!

3- Public Education so that everyone knows...bla bla bla

Hmmm...ISA, TCIA, Arbor day foundation, Tree city USA, etc...I believe these guys are already doing that, yeah I imagine they need to really beef up on media coverage, commercials, enforcement of CA ethics, etc... shouldnt cost but a few million dollars, I get right on that!!!!!!

Now for your RED part, Really!!!!!!! well we Americans would have never thought of that!!

whew!!!! I have chronologically answered your questions...what I would suggest is for you to read up on & understand the following terms:

Bid work, specifications, re-work, priority, lobbying contract & above all... again, where will the $$$ come from to regulate as you are suggesting!

oomt, your post is clearly that of a dolt, you lack the ability to clearly understand what I have posted & how it works HERE!!, I dont know if your remedial reading skills are impaired or if its your understanding?

I am done explaining to you!! preschoolers would have gotten it by now

LXT.........

Oh my. You really are a wee whiner aren't you. Fortunately you are the exact opposite of most Americans I have met and worked with who have a great "lets get it done" attitude. Honestly with the way you are foaming at the mouth I would think you are either suffering from rabies or more likely, as TV alluded to earlier, you are terrifed that some change to the existing system (which you whined about not working in this very thread) is going to bite you in the back pocket. Afraid of a little light being shone on your business perhaps? Something rotten in the state of Denamrk....

Oh my. You really are a wee whiner aren't you. Fortunately you are the exact opposite of most Americans I have met and worked with who have a great "lets get it done" attitude. Honestly with the way you are foaming at the mouth I would think you are either suffering from rabies or more likely, as TV alluded to earlier, you are terrifed that some change to the existing system (which you whined about not working in this very thread) is going to bite you in the back pocket. Afraid of a little light being shone on your business perhaps? Something rotten in the state of Denamrk....

Dude..........you are a funny aussie with your bloomers & nickers on!! :clap:

Dont worry lil fella...my biz is legit, quarterly audits, tailgate handouts,etc... Ahhh...guys..you were right!!!! you know who you are! thanks. rep coming!

keep trying onmyknees!!

LXT...................

it has everything to do woth it.

Dunno what the gun control comment is about FC. This is thread is about tree work. My firearms are in the gun safe where they belong.

regulation is regulation.

your lack of an answer is an admittance of it's failure.

Interesting juxtaposition you present with quarterly audits and tailgate handouts in the same sentence.

Is there any chance you will grow a set some time soon and post ANY positive thoughts on how the industry can be improved? I realise original thought may be tough for you but surely with your vast knowledge you can come up with something better than "the system doesn't work!"

Try to remember that its called the INTERnet and this is an INTERnational forum. Despite your obvious fear of change there are a large number of members here who welcome the idea of better standards of work in our industry some of whom live in the States and some who live in other countries.

Latest posts

Back