Do we REALLY want regulatory control?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rep to you fishercat!!!! hey he`s still posting.....:dizzy:

LXT.................

Let's have a chant....ISA.....ISA......ISA....

Here you go.
attachment.php

Regulate tree work- World Wide- make it a felony crime to do tree work with out the proper training-i.e.; ISA Certified Arborist credential! Or come up with a new credential- worldwide acceptance!

The wet dream of control freak do-gooder wannbees. Good grief.:jawdrop::monkey::jawdrop:

I get angry when people take advantage of others

I am dedicated to do my best no matter what, I take this work seriously, I don't try to bleed my clients out of money- I object to business that prey on people- I don't really care if they work in trees or not.

I believe in making money- but not raping people out of it.

I think regulation would be good. to set a standard

i agree with your work ethic.

I am dedicated to do my best no matter what, I take this work seriously, I don't try to bleed my clients out of money- I object to business that prey on people, I don't really care if they work in trees or not.

I believe in making money- but not raping people out of it.

I think regulation would be good. to set a standard

I am the same way without regulation. there are already laws against taking advantage of people and it still goes on unless an AG needs press time.

Regulation is not going to stop it.

Carpenters and home contractors are regulated and they are still screwing people over.My GF hired on older man who was a licensed contractor to build a closet. after paying him $900 ,we had to get someone else to come and redo it.Don't even get me started on Home Inspectors.

I just don't understand why we need to pay the government to come in a do nothing even more.The police regulate all of us and we still have crime.The builders are regulated and there are still brand new houses falling apart around here.

I am the same way without regulation. there are already laws against taking advantage of people and it still goes on unless an AG needs press time.

Regulation is not going to stop it.

Carpenters and home contractors are regulated and they are still screwing people over.My GF hired on older man who was a licensed contractor to build a closet. after paying him $900 ,we had to get someone else to come and redo it.Don't even get me started on Home Inspectors.

I just don't understand why we need to pay the government to come in a do nothing even more.The police regulate all of us and we still have crime.The builders are regulated and there are still brand new houses falling apart around here.

This is a valid viewpoint. I do not want more regulation if the outcome is crappier work. My objective, and I believe the objective of most posters here, is to find a way to raise the overall quality of work in our trade. Regulation without enforcement is as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

SACRAMENTO, CA License required for tree workers?

So is there already a licence system or is board-certified Master Arborist Robert Props with Props Tree Care not telling the true story?

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=73768&catid=2

When choosing a professional to inspect your trees, Prop says make sure they are state licensed contractors and that they have insurance coverage, with enough umbrella coverage to handle any fatality potential.

I think in Cali there is, I worked for a company, the owner had to put his lic # on the trucks, We had city inspectors out and about all the time checkin the work, dont know if they were city Arborist, they should have been!

So is there already a licence system or is board-certified Master Arborist Robert Props with Props Tree Care not telling the true story?

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=73768&catid=2

Each state has some degree of autonomy when it comes to making state law. Don't think the dude is lying but rather just referring to his state. There is no state license yet in my state. They all must abide by Fed. law.

I don't agree that a HO should check to see if the company is covered by umbrella to handle any fatality claim. That is not possible and no one could afford such a thing if it even existed. Someone could sue for a billion dollars if there husband was Donald Trump and he got squished (just an extreme example).

Connecticut is regulated.

you need an arborist license to trim.you take a test ,they take your money and that's it,

you should see some of the "licensed arborists" around here.worst hacks you have ever seen.no one comes around to check on these clowns.

i went down to the DEP office who supposedly regulates the licensing. the women there told me they like to compare themselves to the IRS. WTF????????????????

you need an arborist license to trim.you take a test ,they take your money and that's it,

you should see some of the "licensed arborists" around here.worst hacks you have ever seen.no one comes around to check on these clowns.

i went down to the DEP office who supposedly regulates the licensing. the women there told me they like to compare themselves to the IRS. WTF????????????????

They have no friends and they have to pay their parents to come over at Christmas? :)

As in many instances its all about the money!!! on another thread it was asked about the home improvement contractors license being needed for tree care/ landscape.....I posted & said not needed......Well..

I get an e-mail telling me the law has been ammended (added to) & this may affect my biz.......yes it did..indeed!!! So now I need to be registered as a home improvement contractor????? how dumb!!.....Yes I registered

My beef is: if my state is going to have me pay money for a biz license then why not make it a trade specific license? I know home repair guys, builders, etc.. that dont have this registration #/license....

the sad thing is whos gonna enforce this law? our understaffed police dept. code enforcement? who... & where is the registration money going, whats its use, etc.. I dont mind paying for a license...but atleast humor me on how it will be spent......Guess I can go do remodels & build houses now :dizzy:

LXT................

Back