Do we REALLY want regulatory control?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMAO!!! Well, no need to throw my two cents in. its all been said. That thread went well!! I thoroughly enjoyed that one. Very informative and funny. We almost have a documentary here.

That's all fine and dandy but.......................

This is a valid viewpoint. I do not want more regulation if the outcome is crappier work. My objective, and I believe the objective of most posters here, is to find a way to raise the overall quality of work in our trade. Regulation without enforcement is as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

that is going to make the price go up,which in turn creates more low ball hacks.They will work on weekends or at night if they have to.

that is going to make the price go up,which in turn creates more low ball hacks.They will work on weekends or at night if they have to.

Which will make them stick out like a dogs......well bits of a dog that stick out. All the easier to detect, fine, and put out of business.

as long as there are low ball unregulated hacks...................

Which will make them stick out like a dogs......well bits of a dog that stick out. All the easier to detect, fine, and put out of business.

there will be chap bastards to hire them.

there will be chap bastards to hire them.

I agree. Frankly I do not want to get a call from the cheap bastards in the first place. So let Joelowbidder take em all. I will talk to the clients who want the best work at the best price in that order.

On a side note. With my outrageous charge out rates and refusing to top for quick bucks my team are currently booked 3 weeks in advance. Oh and we do not have a single work contract. Every booking is either referred or new from the advertising.

More regulation please!

I agree.

Better when brands stop selling franchises to anyone with the money rather than the qualifiaction.

For example, Jims Trees, doesn't mean you get a qualified arborist .... just some fool who paid the franchise fee. :monkey:

You know, they say that insecure people ... the types who were employees who require security and certainty in business .... are the predominant purchasers of franchises as they required job security, like Jim's offer gaurantees for franchise buyers.

LOL, and the customer ... beware. :chainsaw:

What's wrong with working on weekends? I use students for help so weekends are working time. convenient also, since the client is home to pay, and the neighbors, to learn.

Regulation? Good and bad to it...hard to put a value on certs and quals when certs have no field component, and quals for gardeners transfer to arbs.

Buyer beware, either way.

Regulation? Good and bad to it...hard to put a value on certs and quals when certs have no field component, and quals for gardeners transfer to arbs.

I suppose it would be for some-one who escalates just one source to supremacy. :monkey:

I agree.

Better when brands stop selling franchises to anyone with the money rather than the qualifiaction.

For example, Jims Trees, doesn't mean you get a qualified arborist .... just some fool who paid the franchise fee. :monkey:

You know, they say that insecure people ... the types who were employees who require security and certainty in business .... are the predominant purchasers of franchises as they required job security, like Jim's offer gaurantees for franchise buyers.

You know this interests me. According to your website Ekka you gained cert III in 2005 and have been in operation for 12 years. So which cert III arborist did you have on site for 7 years supervising every job?

There is no zealot like a convert. Just like ex smokers are the worst for pressuring others to quit. So you, after 7 years of unqualified work, (your own words), now demand everyone have some particular form of qualification.

You are a hypocrite of the worst kind Ekka.

I curse all hacks.

Just realised that you cursed the lowball unregulated hacks Fish. Welcome to the darkside! More regulation please!

We seem to have more regulated hacks lately.The state just wants their money and the hacks just want to be able to say they are regulated because they think it will help sell their service.trees still suffer but the state gets more money to squander and the hacks feel more important.

I agree.

This the second time you have posted this Ekka. I am unsure whether you are ignorant of business practise or are wilfully misleading the readers here as you have a history of doing both.

Let me set the record straight.

Name the most succesful independantly owned business in Australia? McDonalds. A franchise.

Name the most succesful independantly owned fuel station chain in Australia? Caltex. A franchise.

Name the most succesful electronic retail outlets in Australia?

Harvey Norman. A franchise.
Retravision. A franchise.
The Good Guys. A franchise.
Betta Electrical. A franchise.

Thirsty? Grab a fresh juice at Boost Juice. A franchise.
Hungry? Grab a pizza from Eagle boys. A franchise.
MMM icecream from Wendy's. A franchise.
Car needs a service. Drop in to Automasters. A franchise.
Need work done on your lawn, fence, pool, patio, TV antenna or your TREES call Jim's. The most succesful home service FRANCHISE in the Southern Hemisphere.

Perhaps the most telling statistic of all is this, provided by Robert Gottleibsen, one of Australia's most respected business experts.
Griffith University's Franchising Australia 2006 survey found that our franchising sector turns over an estimated $128 billion, or 14 percent of the country's GDP.

So on the one hand we have a Ekka saying franchising is for wimps and on the other we have Robert Gottleibsen saying franchising produces $128 billion dollars for Australians. Who do you believe?

:cheers:

It seems to me that this Ekka guy is a jealous guy. He does like to take leave of his own site to come here and start trouble. Maybe he feels left out of the social and financially benefits of being connected to successful relations? I don't know, but he does not seem to be a happy guy.:confused:
Jeff

Back