Do we still have any chainsaw women on here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkstihl

Chainsaws make me fap.
Reaction score
Just been doing some reading and we obviously used to have quite a few on here but i dont see none posting anymore...guessing most everybody has done moved over to facebook groups by now...its kinda weird seeing somebody's last seen date like 5 to 10 years ago..kind of makes you wonder what happened to them for them to just vanish. And no not hunting a woman lol just wondering..looks like AS used to be pretty wild from what ive read lol.

Looks like a female posted problems with her 550xp yesterday as a matter of fact. We had a wild one out in I think Oregon that liked to argue about anything, but she got tired of being harassed by @svk when he was a mod and left :surprised3:! There is still a female in WTF pics, she tries to post when the pages hit a certain # but I don't know if she runs a saw.

Is this one still here?

girl-chainsaw-forest-sawing-wood-600w-315719795.jpg

Looks like a female posted problems with her 550xp yesterday as a matter of fact. We had a wild one out in I think Oregon that liked to argue about anything, but she got tired of being harassed by @svk when he was a mod and left :surprised3:! There is still a female in WTF pics, she tries to post when the pages hit a certain # but I don't know if she runs a saw.
Lol I didn’t run her out by any means. The moderators simply informed her and her ilk that their bullying attitudes would no longer be tolerated.

Not Oregon, she was in Warshington.

Don’t move there.

There was a great lady on here by the name of FLHX Storm that was run out of here by some small minded idiot. A few guys found her on a non saw forum and invited her back but she wasn’t interested.

I know a few gals (who do look like gals) up in my area who are great outdoors-women but I don’t think they use a saw enough to want to join a group to chat about it.

I know a few gals (who do look like gals) up in my area who are great outdoors-women but I don’t think they use a saw enough to want to join a group to chat about it.

Heck, I don't get to run saws enough but I am on this site to talk about doing it and see all the wood everybody else is cutting! Took a long holiday weekend to do firewood and here I sit drinking to much coffee and tapping away! :rolleyes:

My cutting partner is a C faller and she and I have worked plenty of blocks, fires and other associated jobs over the years.

She usually laughs at the stuff on here if she runs across a forum on the internet and has no interest in joining. Patty (slowp) was a very nice member here, but she usually didn’t venture over to this forum while she was here.

My cutting partner is a C faller and she and I have worked plenty of blocks, fires and other associated jobs over the years.

She usually laughs at the stuff on here if she runs across a forum on the internet and has no interest in joining. Patty (slowp) was a very nice member here, but she usually didn’t venture over to this forum while she was here.

In the mid 90's I worked a big fire on Mt. Hood and met a falling team there that was two women C fallers and they were manhandling an 066 with a 36" bar. Both of them worked in timber
for the agency and were as ornery and tough as any fire fighters I've worked with. They're both retired now. They were also both ex hotshots - one was on Prineville and the other was on Baker River
and ZigZag.

In the mid 90's I worked a big fire on Mt. Hood and met a falling team there that was two women C fallers and they were manhandling an 066 with a 36" bar. Both of them worked in timber
for the agency and were as ornery and tough as any fire fighters I've worked with. They're both retired now. They were also both ex hotshots - one was on Prineville and the other was on Baker River
and ZigZag.

Her go to is a 661 with a 3 footer when we’re into big wood, usually creek bottoms with big Sycamore or Cottonwood. (Poplar) Strange coincidence we ended up in the same area after moving to the center of the country. She walked into the other station on the department asking how to join on training night, and when I rolled up in our engine I was a little surprised to say the least.

She was running 660s with 3 footers in Montana. A little overkill for the wood, but she never came across a tree she couldn’t put exactly where she wanted. Out in Oregon on the west side of the Cascades the 66 was more appropriate, but as hired guns providing our own gear it was usually more economical to own two saws than have an arsenal. I was quite lazy in comparison with an 046 and 044 with 32s. She got along with the rest of the crew real well, even ran a Pulaski from time to time while we were getting another crew member some saw time.

Compartment syndrome slowed her fire career quite a bit, which had to be surgically corrected, but at 5’9/190 (vs me at 5’6/160) and much more fit than I currently am, she can blow the doors off me at the end of the day putting wood on the ground. At the end of the day, I guess, it’s best to judge only by ability. Sex (because gender is a hot topic now), size, ethnicity, blah blah don’t matter when it’s go time.

Patty (slowp) was a very nice member here, but she usually didn’t venture over to this forum while she was here.
Sorry but you obviously didn’t follow her very closely if that’s your opinion of her.

Slowp picked dozens of fights on this site especially in the firewood and off topic forums. If you weren’t from WA, OR, or northern CA she treated you with disdain. And she’d immediately flip the gender card at anyone who called her out.

Sorry but you obviously didn’t follow her very closely if that’s your opinion of her.

That’s fair, I didn’t much read anything outside of F&L, and worked in that area. Interesting. I definitely enjoyed reading the adventures of the Barbie saw and complaining about how White’s, Nicks and Hoffman boots couldn’t keep her feet dry.

Maybe nice isn’t the right adjective. Interesting or amusing might be the right one.

That’s fair, I didn’t much read anything outside of F&L, and worked in that area. Interesting. I definitely enjoyed reading the adventures of the Barbie saw and complaining about how White’s, Nicks and Hoffman boots couldn’t keep her feet dry.

Maybe nice isn’t the right adjective. Interesting or amusing might be the right one.
The thing that was frustrating with slowp was that she knew A LOT about forestry but spent more time trying to pick fights than she did providing help in her area of expertise. It’s really too bad because I enjoyed reading her posts when she stuck to what she knew and kept her attitude in check.

Latest posts

Back