do you all top trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WRONG again there clueless. You have it bass ackwards. The chlorophyll lets the tree use the sunlight.

Rick

I know that everybody is having fun with C-less, but I think you are being just a bit harsh with that statement, and equally inaccurate. The tree makes the chlorophyll. The tree tells the chlorophyll what to do, when to do it, and then expects it to go to work.

Chlorophyll is nothing but a tool, manufactured by plants to capture the sunlight.

That's odd, I was always taught that plants convert sunlight to chlorophyll.

I think you misunderstood what the teacher was trying to tell you. As stated above, plants use the energy of the sun to grow. They manufacture and use chlorophyll as a chemical tool to capture the sunlight's energy.

Do I detect voice recognition software at work? :laugh:

BTW: nice post.

Thanks! No, its the new word for money with the kids around here, instead of dollars, its doll hairs!
Middle son "Dad, can I have 30 doll hairs to go out" Me, "WTF is a doll hair?" "Its dollars, duh"

I think you misunderstood what the teacher was trying to tell you. As stated above, plants use the energy of the sun to grow. They manufacture and use chlorophyll as a chemical tool to capture the sunlight's energy.

I think you're being a Keyboard Jokey, cause the teacher said, and I quote "Plants convert sunlight to chlorophyll".

Kinda hard to misunderstand such a direct statement; Isn't it?

I think you're being a Keyboard Jokey, cause the teacher said, and I quote "Plants convert sunlight to chlorophyll".

Kinda hard to misunderstand such a direct statement; Isn't it?

Get a new teacher because that is wrong.

Chlorophyll is a color pigment in a plant that is used to absorb light then convert it to energy. The Chlorophyll pigment is a greenish pigment which is were plants get their color.

On a purely technical evaluation, C-less is correct.

Plants do use sunlight to make more chlorophyll. The original energy comes from the seed; after that, it's all done with stored energy from the sun.

The real problem is that I don't believe ol' C-less really has a good understanding of how it all works. The way the original statement was phrased does not exude comprehension.

I got ol' C-less's problem figures out: You have a problem with deductive reasoning.

People make statements in this and many other threads, and you consistently misinterpret the meaning of what they have said. Your latest post is an excellent example. I would suggest that you look at each and every statement folks make with one singular perspective. How can this statement be interpreted to be true? When you simply cannot figure any way for the statement to be true, work on whatever elements are incorrect.

There is a whole branch of philosophy dedicated to this concept: it's called Logic. Read up some more, partner: Logic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I took an entire course in college on the topic. It was a required pre-requisite course (at least then) for admission to Law School. It's the sort of skill that can be learned and exercised. I suggest you get crackin', 'cause you really aren't reaching the right conclusions.

do I top trees, hell yeah if it's pays the bills. If you walked in your barber's shop and asked for a buzz cut and he said "nope, sorry can't do it because it isn't right for your head" you'd go to the next guy and so on until you got what you asked for and that's what your client will do so keep turning down those jobs and I'll keep cashing them checks....:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

topping

Topping is all they used to do here by the looks of all the old trees but for the most part I hope its a thing of the past. We prune or spiral prune lighten or what ever you want to call it i like the tree to look like you never were there, Sometimes people want you to take more so you do. The more you inform people and the more safe you can make them feel save the less chance they will want you to top or take it out.Its all about the old bities that think there tree is un safe I hate that. You ask how long has the tree been there for through all those winter storms and snow loads its O.K. you are safe.:bang: We only really top now for the million dollar view.

The most important aspect of a perfectly topped is when the cutter also takes the minute and eyeball the proper side angle cuts , i mean butchered trees look worse with a flat top if your gonna dress a tree in its death outfit at least take the time to make it look at least round ....:msp_sneaky:

Back