Do you work with a bunch of drunks?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
recently

pain pills are in fashion in construction.
i was once a union chef in dc not only did our contract allow drinking on the job but the hotel had to buy the beer. perversely the same union paid 28 k to send me to rehab and on my first day back i was still entitled to my beer.
a friend started drug and breath testing with his roofing company workers comp claims dropped 50% first year. he also gives you tues and wed off if you come in drunk on monday. he says they don't care about 1 day or 2 but losing 3 days pay hurts too bad

Anyone ever look into a waiver type situation? The person comes to work first time, signs a waiver of his/her own volition:
...show up drunk, with a BAC, they pay a fine, go home...
...drink or do drugs on job, dock or fine...possible go home...
...injury on job, testing shows elevated alcohol/drug content, fine/no liability...
...etc...

I mean, could be worded alot better, and in Greek legal-babble, but that ain't my stick...
Has to be something that would, if not guarantee you a way to ensure your own butt's sling, at least scare off the problem before it arises.

Have had to sign alot worse in alot worse jobs...most of which made you want to participate in one vice or another just to keep from killing yourself from repetiion or boredom...just a thought...

Latest posts

Back