Does anyone else use a Lickety Log Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phillies93

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone else use a Lickety Log Splitter? I have used it almost my whole life we bough a Timberwolf TW5 about 4 years ago thinking it would be faster and easier. it wasn't so we sold it and we are still using the good old lickety.

haha

Does anyone else use a Lickety Log Splitter? I have used it almost my whole life we bough a Timberwolf TW5 about 4 years ago thinking it would be faster and easier. it wasn't so we sold it and we are still using the good old lickety.

youve got to be kidding.....a lickity splitter .......that. i would like to see a pic of......its sorta my wifes nickname for me.Dont believe ive ever heard of it.....funnny tho

It looks like the homemade unit i built,but not nearly as HD as mine. I wonder how can you work the splitter efficiently with a tractor,the engine/hood/front axle are in your line of site.On the skid steer you can easily see what your doing,and quickly move to grab the log without a lot of back and forth manuevering.A compact tractor just seems to slow to me after having a SS.

no that is not what i am talking about a lickety log splitter were built in the 70's and i think the 80's. They are yellow and they can sit perfectly on the ground. I will try to upload a picture of it if I can.

Vids work just fine for me. I wouldn't invest in the licketysplitter. Too slow, too much fuel consumed, etc. (although it is easier on your back). I would like to see a picture of what P93 is asking about tho.

ok... finally downloaded video for it to work

looks really cumbersome to use... too much wasted motion just to pick up one round. would be excellent for a handicap person!

I have one model 348 its faster than timber wolf and better had it 21
years 250 to 300 cords a year still have the same engine.There easy to use
for one guy because they lay flat on the ground just roll the log on pull the handle and go get a nother log while that one splits the only thing I hate are changeing the springs I had a friend tell me about his tw5 with a 4 way told him to bring it out to my wood yard and we would each split two cords . I fished and had time to eat I will take some picture you can go here to see some pictuers of them from webbs http://www.webbsfarmsupplies.com/ To bad they still dont make these they where the best splitter ever made cost a lot bought mine for 9,800

My neighbor has one, what a beast, especially the wedge! I used it to split firewood the first two years I had my stove. Then I got an Iron and Oak.Now he uses my splitter! It still runs, but did I mention the size of the wedge??

no that is not what i am talking about a lickety log splitter were built in the 70's and i think the 80's. They are yellow and they can sit perfectly on the ground. I will try to upload a picture of it if I can.

My neighbor has one. He bought it new and still uses it regularly. Cool old splitter. It has two unusual features. When you pull the lever to actuate the ram the engine throttles up, push the lever to release the ram and the engine goes back to idle. It also has a spring loaded return, so the ram retracts quickly. I'll try to post a pic next time I see him out.
Dok

I used to live beside a guy who had one, he swore by it. There was one for sale in Muncie IN (or near there) Last winter and again this fall, the guy was firm on 1,800. He had it looking nice but it seemed steep for a splitter that old. Maybe I am just to tight. They are good splitters, pretty rare these days.

Lickety Log Splitter

Yes have the old Lickety Log Splitter - I can prob put my TroyBilt log splitter on it and split that thing in half. It is a monster - and yes the Wedge is about the size of a rectange milk crate.
If you can link pics here I'll try to get pics of mine later this week. Weathers kinda crappy.

Lickety Splitter Pics

LOG%20SPLITTER%20Luthers.JPG

LOG%20SPLITTER%20Luthers%202a.JPG

For those of you looking for the old lickety log splitter here are two pics. Im looking for manuals. Help! Wedge: bigger is better!!!!! Reply to [email protected]

Last edited:
Back