Does anyone else use a Lickety Log Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to replace the motor. The original Briggs was blown and Harbor Freight has a nice little replacement that bolts right on - all the holes line up - for $99 if you have the coupon. So I am running whatever oil was recommended with the motor. For the hydraulics, I used some NAPA hydraulic fluid. Not that I'm particularly well versed with things like this but I didn't understand why they used 30W motor oil and I decided that hydraulic fluid was better formulated for this kind of use. I drained all the old stuff out (and it was very ugly - a combination of 30W, hydraulic fluid that someone had added, and water from sitting in a backyard for a few years) and changed the filter which I also got at NAPA. It leaks a little from both the valve and the ram (and I changed the O-rich on the ram) but not so much as to pose a problem. I figured that the ram leak provides a little lubrication for the brass shoes on the beam as the ram extends and retracts. :)
I'm new to using these sites can you tell me how to get to a person with a PDF file of the owners manual

I figured that the ram leak provides a little lubrication for the brass shoes on the beam as the ram extends and retracts. :)

That is exactly what it was designed to do, the 2 holes on the bottom of the ram tube drip onto the beam.

Just like motor oil, hydraulic oil comes in different weights. If you are going to use it I would go with 10w.

None of these splitters I have seen use 30w oil, they are all 10w30.

I use 5w30 in mine as it is mostly run in the winter months.

I just joined this site. I have an EK308 or EK 310 and would like to get owners/parts manual to see what I have and see what I need to fix. It runs
and ram comes out but when it is fully extended it squirts all over. It has an 8 hp Honda motor on it. It looks like some linkage has been removed or changed. Owners manual will show me more. If anyone can email me information manual I would be greatly appreciative. [email protected]

I have an EL308 that I got in 2002. I use it to split firewood for my house every year. It has the original Kohler k181 8hp engine on it.

I have a hard copy manual. I got it from Webbs Chainsaws in Soquel, CA. Lowell Webb bought all the parts when Piqua Engineering went out of business.

Hey guys. No use for mine anymore. Any idea what it’s worth? New 8hp Briggs & Stratton.

Attachments

• E19A90B8-49FD-43EE-9A74-7ED7FB600BF5.jpeg
    E19A90B8-49FD-43EE-9A74-7ED7FB600BF5.jpeg
    297.9 KB · Views: 21
I am sorry I didn't get to email out the pdf' on the splitter yet to those who asked. Been really busy the last few days.
Also on the lickity I had to replace the o rings on the piston and found out for those with this splitter it is an easy fix and the o rings are common items at any local hyrdaulic parts/repair store. The one I use is in Lindenhurst,NY. Once replaced (takes about an hour) there was a noticeable difference in overall speed and production.

Latest posts

Back