does syickmore firewood any good

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't burn it if somebody delivered and stacked a seasoned load for free. Worst stuff I ever burned.

But I can afford to be picky. Others may not have that luxury.
Lots of great wood around here, and I just got an elm tree and 1 1/2 oak trees (plus a bit of silver maple, which I use for my bundles).

Many years ago we had a big pile at one end of the wood lot. I was going to take the loader and dig a hole and bury it. On a whim I split a few pieces. We had a big 40 HP commercial splitter, so I brought it down and split all of it, stacked it in the barn by the stove. That winter I burned it in the stove and it burned "ok". On par with burning dry 2X4's. I wouldn't let a piece on my property, but if it's free and all you have, when dry, it does burn.

I wouldn't burn it if somebody delivered and stacked a seasoned load for free. Worst stuff I ever burned.

But I can afford to be picky. Others may not have that luxury.
Lots of great wood around here, and I just got an elm tree and 1 1/2 oak trees (plus a bit of silver maple, which I use for my bundles).
howw much do you sell your bundled wood for

is syickmore firewood any good for firepace in side and wood stove

sorry i mis spelled it

It burns fine in a fireplace, but not good stove wood. Most people don't like to mess with sycamore because of how difficult it is to split. It is like splitting wire cable; it basically tears apart as opposed to splitting.

Back