Doing a little tree job...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsikkema1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Check out this tree!!
Who said we don't have no stinking trees here in Indiana!!!
This tree was dead and already a huge limb fell off (can see remnants in pic). House nearby and home owner a little concerned.
BTY- cable in tree above picture to keep biased and the under-cut to relieve was on the far side- to keep the branch (which essentially was a tree) out of a 50' deep ravine. You should have seen his face (my partner) when that thing let go... LOL... too bad the digital camera had too long of a cycle time.

Jeff

Huge tree, really nice pic Jeff. How high are you, 25,30 ft? Can see water in the background? That limb is probably 16-18"?.

Ya'll be careful up there

Thats a 362xp with 18" bar and that limb were the cut is ~22-24" in diameter I'm gonna venture to guess...

all the other pics I took are too big to up load here 100K max ?

Jeff

Hi jeff how do you find the 362 This saw never went over well here in BC as it was a little over priced and so close to the 365.
That tree sure looks like a narley old girl

John W

jeff, perhaps you could resize them to under 102 kb. most photo editing software has that feature.

Dont know that I would want to be sitting there, even with cable and facecut, barberchair could possibly have occurred? Better to be in a lifeline and able to swing away from the danger zone....

362xp

The 362xp is an interesting one... We got it not a while back not really knowing what we were getting into. We couldn't sell it because its too close both in weight and price to the 372xp so we ended up putting it to work. Another issue with it is that uses the smaller Husky mount and uses an different drive link count than the rest of our saws.

Anyone looking for a 362xp- I would recommend the 372xp over it anytime...
I guess thats why she's up in the tree- if she goes- oh well.

Last edited:
Hey johnny walker!!!

My 335 is at the post office, it came today, but no one was home..

YEEhaw!! Look out you 020 geeks!!!!!

You da MAN !!

One down, now if that creep one planker would get to work on rotaxing my 3120.......

..or was it greffardizing.......?

gee hope he doesnt put that worn out 036 jug in it that i sent him....m,ight be bad for new business.........

Wonder if the 335 will go thru this guy Monday?

Thats right i forgot about the 362 having the smaller mount. That was the biggest reason for dumping it.
That is amazing you got it all ready. i would of expected late next week. customs is always a surprise

And none too soon, john.

all my old 335's are almost impossible to start or keep idling. but they run great if you can keep your finger on the trigger. Now i can tear into them and see if they are worth fixin.

Guys on the ground are gonna have to get used to the new speed......or get beaned!!!!

:angry: :blob2:

Latest posts

Back