Dolkita 64xx/73xx/79xx won't take 8-pin rim drive sprocket?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jl4c

Extraordinarily ordinary
Reaction score
Since upgrading my 6401 to 7901 I wanted to try out an 8-pin sprocket to take advantage of some of that extra power. I bought the appropriate Oregon 22273 rim sprocket to give it a try. Everything fits just fine except that the chain now hits the rubber chip guide/deflector. Looking at the IPL's I don't see a special chip deflector for 8-pin sprockets. And if I hog out the existing deflector to fit I would have to remove nearly all of the rubber at critical points, thus defeating the purpose of the chip guide. Any of you fellas run into this problem before and solved it?

Mount it, rev it and the chain will take care of any clearance it needs with no additional material removed.

If I did that the entire chip deflector would be just as likely to tear out as to cut. I'm thinking it would take an entirely different (larger) sprocket cover for this to work.

Anyway to make your own chip guide out of thinner material, say conveyer belt or rubber bed mat from a truck?

Back