• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Dolkita 7900 ported/carb modded

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Bought this saw 3 years ago and ran 12 tanks through it.It started as a 6400 and had a new 7900 cylinder put on it.It was ported by Mdavlee and the carb was done by Poleman.It has a HD air filter.I painted the muffler black and blacked out all but the 7900 on the recoil.The piston looks new with alot of compression.Comes with a 24 inch bar and chain.I am selling because I am moving up north and don't need such a big saw to cut with.I would like to get $725.00 including shipping to lower 48.Thanks Craig.

Attachments

• 7900 Blue and dog 003.JPG
    7900 Blue and dog 003.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 7900 Blue and dog 002.JPG
    7900 Blue and dog 002.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 7900 Blue and dog 005.JPG
    7900 Blue and dog 005.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 100
Excuse the redundant question, I’m assuming you ran twelve tanks through it after the top end swap and porting or ran 12 tanks through it then had the work done?

I’d assume the top end is OEM 7900.

Would you consider a PHO sale?

Should have asked if you know if it got the unlimited coil also.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't have an unlimited coil, if it does I'll take it :).
From what I'm aware of the only way you get that outside a factory one which is very rare is by using a 272 coil which is not a simple bolt on part so it gets a little costly to have done. Most just opt for the one off the 6421/6400 on their 7910's.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't have an unlimited coil, if it does I'll take it :).
From what I'm aware of the only way you get that outside a factory one which is very rare is by using a 272 coil which is not a simple bolt on part so it gets a little costly to have done. Most just opt for the one off the 6421/6400 on their 7910's.

Thanks! I could remember. I had a 7910 that was ported and had a poleman carb and for some reason was thinking it had an unlimited coil too.

I’ve had the itch to get another one since I’ve sold that a couple years back now.

Thanks! I could remember. I had a 7910 that was ported and had a poleman carb and for some reason was thinking it had an unlimited coil too.

I’ve had the itch to get another one since I’ve sold that a couple years back now.
It may have, there are a few guys who have installed them, just don't see them that often since it's not a direct swap.
I've got one with the 272 coil on it that Carl did with a poleman carb, fun saw!
That being said All the ported 7900/7910's I've ran were all fun to run, and smooth.

I believe you are correct about the coil, but it's probably not a Dolmar/Makita coil. I believe he uses a modified 272XP coil.

Back