Dolmar 111 info wanted.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apik1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello, I was at the local dealer today and he has a brand new Dolmar 111 (looks old) but never used for $280. The only thing I found online is that the saw is a 52cc. Is this a good saw for the money? Is this the price the saw was first released? And some insight on Dolmar products would be great

My only experience with Dolmar (Makita DCS 520)

I ran across a 98 model NIB for $140 10 years ago, ASFAIK it is close to 111.
I haven't cursed it or threatened to shoot it like the plastic Poulan Pro 260.
It will run with or beat the Husqvarna 55 I bought for twice the $ a year earlier.
There are two Dolmar dealer site sponsors that can help with parts if needed;
going to pass on value, check FleaBay?
ASFAIK, they are magnesium case saws, may even be closed port cylinders;
but have not needed to take apart to find out for sure.

Great saw I got a 120s apart from the annual service never had to work on it just keeps going and going, there powerful saws too...
I think someone said " it cut's with authority" and I agree with that.

I don't think you will have problems getting parts if you ever need them.
There Distributors here... http://www.dolmar.com/
Service Manual here... http://mwe.net/UserFiles/109-110-111-115.pdf

As for price, if it's brand new, then $280 sounds OK! to me
In mint condition I would imagine a second hand would fetch that kind money.
A new 50cc Makita Dolmar cost around $630

If he's selling it to you as new! see if he will give you warranty (a year would be good) then you got no worries!!!

I have a yellow 111, the only repairs I've done are replace the Rubber AV buffers (they tend to split after a while) and replace the oil pump Suction line (the grommet was leaking where it goes through the oil tank).
I had no problem finding the parts, It's a good reliable saw.

111, 111i, or 111n There were a few versions of this saw all were good runners the most desirable was the 111i with the till HU injection start carb.

they started in 1986 and ran production till about 10 years ago when they were replaced by the PS540 and now the PS460-PS5105 series

Average retail new was $299-$359 depending on the year

Scott

I just got my hands on one of these today, I have a few questions that I didn't find answers too or conflicting answers. I have the 111I model, is it open or closed port? How do you guys think it will compare to my 026? Its missing a few minor pieces and needs a little work, is it worth it? It does have GREAT compression so thats a plus and spark!! Thanks again guys -Matt Oh yeah does it have any cousins?? Like red, orange or creamsicle??

BUY It their as good as stihl and alot cheaper its a very good saw for the money. Even though its old its well worth it

BUY It their as good as stihl and alot cheaper its a very good saw for the money. Even though its old its well worth it

Mitch this is a old thread that I brought back in the loop, Im wondering about the one I just got today. Do you know if it open or closed port??

Matt, you may have already seen it--page 16 of the Service Manual (link in earlier post still good!) shows an open port for the 111. Other than the SM, I have no idea.

Matt - If you need the IPL or Manual, let PM me and I'll send. I found the IPL to be 95% accurate, there is a rubber anti-vibe mount missing. Mine was very dirty and I spend most of my time cleaning.

GMAX: .... WHERE did you find the parts? None of my dealers around here have much of anything on hand to speak of. I am contacting a couple dealers in the East who have been in business 35+ years.

My research show that the SD 111i is nearly a 'clone' of the Makita DCS520i, also a very good saw.

Thanks!

Warped, the PM is sent. Thanks it should help as i'm missing a few minor pieces. Hope to find them on ebay, hopefully for not too much. I once ran my BIL Makita, can't remember the number. It was about comparable to my 026 I wonder how this girl will run?? Do you guys ever start thinking you have too many saws in the same CC class?

Matt - If you need the IPL or Manual, let PM me and I'll send. I found the IPL to be 95% accurate, there is a rubber anti-vibe mount missing. Mine was very dirty and I spend most of my time cleaning.

GMAX: .... WHERE did you find the parts? None of my dealers around here have much of anything on hand to speak of. I am contacting a couple dealers in the East who have been in business 35+ years.

My research show that the SD 111i is nearly a 'clone' of the Makita DCS520i, also a very good saw.

Thanks!

I get my Dolmar parts from "Edge&Engine" Parts & Accessories for Shindaiwa, Dolmar, Homelite. Chainsaw & Trimmer supplies at Edge & Engine , they have an excellent online store.

GMAX - Terrific site! They have quite the inventory! Prices and shipping are very reasonable ..... thanks for the info!

P.S. Two items I ordered were the last one in stock, so I hope I have no 'surprises' .... :bang:

GMAX!! That site for the parts has it all, I just wish they had pics to go with the part numbers. I got the IPL from another nice guy on here, so I know the numbers and thanks to you I can get the parts NEW and CHEAPER than ebays used. Thanks a TON to the always help full AS community. -Matt

Mitch this is a old thread that I brought back in the loop, Im wondering about the one I just got today. Do you know if it open or closed port??

Matt, you may have already seen it--page 16 of the Service Manual (link in earlier post still good!) shows an open port for the 111. Other than the SM, I have no idea.

It makes sence that it is open port, as it is a somewhat "detuned" version of the 115/115i.

The corresponding Makitas are the 520 (111) and 5200 (115).

It makes sence that it is open port, as it is a somewhat "detuned" version of the 115/115i.

The corresponding Makitas are the 520 (111) and 5200 (115).

The Dolmar 111 and the 115 have the same closed port cylinder.

The 109 & 110 use the open port cylinder. The SM got the pictures mixed up.

Back