Dolmar 116si

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackson74

Reaction score
I have just aquired a dolmar 116si, what makes it so special as to be a collectors item and what is it worth?

Dolmar 116 SI:

Collectability? A nice balanced well built 60 cc saw in my opinion. Price is only what you and a buyer can agree on and have you both be happy about it.

There is a difference between a collectable and a desirable. I would say to some the 116 would be a desirable saw to aquire for use. I cannot see it being a saw to collect. I do have to say though that I am now looking at needing to pick up some of the modern small Stihl saws. I just cannot see myself seriously looking for 009, 010,011,and 012 saws but the time has come.

Bill

Hello Bill:

Hello Bill. I agree with you, but if I were to be collecting newer saws this one would probably be on my watch list. Some people like to get the newer saws when they start to collect, some use them a bit and they like the idea of having more of a chance of parts availability. Good to see you posting here. Didn't know if you checked in here or not. You take care. Lewis.

Old saws, Dolmar 153

Hi, I've aquired one of these saws, a non runner appears that the igntions side of things have died. Its an 'electronic' version according to sticker in the handle. Any suggestions?? It appears it hasn't been used much. Still has the original bar with 'sachs dolmar' on it. I definately need this part 152 213 011, the disengaging lever for the chain brake, so if some has one of these kicking around and is willing to sell it please let me know.

Last edited:

Collectability? A nice balanced well built 60 cc saw in my opinion. Price is only what you and a buyer can agree on and have you both be happy about it.

+1 :agree2:
I have one and really like the saw. It starts on about the third pull every time. A WELL MADE SAW in its day. Have a blessed day,

Thanks very much Trever, when I get it going(?) I'll let you know. Any tips that or points that I need to be aware of? Has anyone out there got a factory service manual? Thanks Peter

Last edited:
howdy, bought a nearly complete 116si powerhead and now need-at minimum a starter assembly. someone on here claimed to have parts, sent pm, no reply.

anybody else with used parts for a 116? tnx

Manuals

Thanks very much Trever, when I get it going(?) I'll let you know. Any tips that or points that I need to be aware of? Has anyone out there got a factory service manual? Thanks Peter

Here is some information that I have. Also, sent you a PM.

Trever

howdy, bought a nearly complete 116si powerhead and now need-at minimum a starter assembly. someone on here claimed to have parts, sent pm, no reply.

anybody else with used parts for a 116? tnx

yo, nebbermind me. mine is going--just chasing down a fuel leak.

but if you have a piece o' crap 116si or a 120 that you're using for a doorstop or boat anchor, just holler. i wouldn't mind having something to hold my door open...:monkey::cheers::clap:

Dolmars Inc. New Zealand

Really love to help but I'm at the backside end of the World in the Southern Hemisphere. I think is is a bit far too call around to sink a couple beers but you're welcome to do so if you are in this neck of the woods. Yes it is a geniune offer and no I'm not taking the pi**

I have a few old Dolmars, 105, 112(x) 113, 116i, 120i, 144(almost like new) and a 153 plus 2x Solo 600. Only ones not going are the 113 & the 120i.
Not a well know brand here, but the 116i as a screamer and the old 144 is a smooth old girl.

They're quite solidly built and lack a lot of fiddlily stuff. As N.Z. is so small they are somewhat easier to find and whats worse is that everyone seems to want the latest fashion accessory, regardless how good or bad it is. These old saws tend to be sold off quite cheaply. We don't have EPA or CARB laws as of yet, so porting or modifying of the engines is not enforced but....

I have a 116 SI 60 cm 3.7 cu in That is hard to start

I have a 116 SI 60 cm 3.7 cu in That is hard to start and i have no parts is it worth fixing?:chainsawguy:

I have a 116 SI 60 cm 3.7 cu in That is hard to start and i have no parts is it worth fixing?:chainsawguy:

I really depends on the condition and the number of hours of run time on the saw. If the compression is good, in the 145-160 range then it would likely just be the fuel lines and carb needing work. I fix a lot of them because I can at a fairly inexpensive cost but they are getting older and more difficult to find parts for than the Stihl and Husqvarna saws. If you can source out parts and do the repairs yourself then it may be worthwhile but not if you have pay a shop to do the repairs.

Pioneerguy600

I have a 116 SI 60 cm 3.7 cu in That is hard to start

I just bought a 116si also the guy I bought it from said it stated hard all I did was put a little gas in the carb twice now no problem starts great now

Dolmar 116si looking for a new air fitter and rubber mounts can someone help please it's to good not to fix up it cut's Australian hard wood with ease.
is the Mikita 6800i the same saw ??

Dolmar 116si looking for a new air fitter and rubber mounts can someone help please it's to good not to fix up it cut's Australian hard wood with ease.
is the Mikita 6800i the same saw ??

As I recall it they are related - but the 6800 has a larger top end and is a newer version.

I have an old Sachs Dolmar 116si but I'm missing the steel brake band from the chain brake mechanism. Is there anyone out there in chainsaw land who can help me? The local chainsaw bloke at Lithgow (NSW, Australia) told me the company no longer exists and he can't get the part. The saw cuts like a champion but is a bit unsafe without the chainbrake.

Back