• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

SOLD!!!! Dolmar 120si

Hows57

Hows57

ArboristSite Operative
I started a thread on this saw when I got it, since it has 120 super decals on it. It was decided by the knowledgeable Dolmar guys, this saw is in fact a 120si. It has to be it has all the correct injector carb and all the other stuff that goes with that setup.

That said, I cleaned the saw up and went over it, carb done, new fuel line. It starts right up, runs strong with a 24" bar on it. Nothing bent, broken or beatup on it. Just a pretty nice example of Dolmar power here.

I think $275 PHO or $300 with a good 24" bar and chain plus shipping is a fair deal for a desirable Dolmar in this shape. Might trade up or down for the right vintage Poulan sandcast , Vintage Partner saw or other interesting things like a bolt action 22 mag or lever action 22.

Be aware, I am recovering from a neck surgery from a couple weeks ago, so it might take some time to get this around and shipped if we make a deal. Nothing real long a few days or so.

View attachment 616892 View attachment 616893 View attachment 616894 View attachment 616895 View attachment 616896 View attachment 616897
Is the ignition internal or external in relationship to the flywheel?

Modifiedmark

Modifiedmark

Tree Freak
Hows57

Hows57

ArboristSite Operative
When I was asking about this saw, that is one question that was never mentioned. Here is the thread where I was looking for info on it.

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/so-i-picked-up-this-old-dolmar-what-the-hell-is-it-exactly.313587/

The saw dose have the ign under the flywheel. No external coil on top of it.
That’s the same ignition that Husqvarna used in there 2100 type saws. I do know that the 120 Super and the 120SI do not share the same recoil. The other way to tell is the bar mount. The Super uses a RNDK095 where the SI used a standard Husqvarna bar.
So guess what my question is did this saw come from the factory like this? Or did someone put it together.

Hows57

Hows57

ArboristSite Operative
Modifiedmark

Modifiedmark

Tree Freak
That’s the same ignition that Husqvarna used in there 2100 type saws. I do know that the 120 Super and the 120SI do not share the same recoil. The other way to tell is the bar mount. The Super uses a RNDK095 where the SI used a standard Husqvarna bar.
So guess what my question is did this saw come from the factory like this? Or did someone put it together.
If you read that thread again, it was reported that the 2 way bar mount was used on just the later version saws. Like I also mention in that thread, as is, the saw can be used with a common D176 bar mount if desired.

Modifiedmark

Modifiedmark

Tree Freak
Just read the other thread. A lot of good information. If it was a true SI I would probably buy the saw.
I'm not trying to mislead anyone on this saw. Maybe I should have worded the title better but at this point whatever it is, it seems from the people with good knowledge of these models agree it is more of a SI then it is a Super.

I know the saw is in good shape and runs strong. Other then the fact that I listed it during the Christmas season, I'm surprised its still not sold and its still here to talk about.

I also noted I would entertain offers.

Hows57

Hows57

ArboristSite Operative
I'm not trying to mislead anyone on this saw. Maybe I should have worded the title better but at this point whatever it is, it seems from the people with good knowledge of these models agree it is more of a SI then it is a Super.

I know the saw is in good shape and runs strong. Other then the fact that I listed it during the Christmas season, I'm surprised its still not sold and its still here to talk about.

I also noted I would entertain offers.
I apologize if I came across wrong. That wasn’t my intent. I’m very intrigued by the clutch though. I have never seen that configuration before.

Modifiedmark

Modifiedmark

Tree Freak
I apologize if I came across wrong. That wasn’t my intent. I’m very intrigued by the clutch though. I have never seen that configuration before.
No problem, I didn't take it that way. It just made me realize I might have not done the heading as well as I should have and wanted to make sure no one was mislead.