Dolmar 421 crank seal, bearing removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One seal was leaking and the saw wouldn’t hold pressure. I think my original problem was gas related as it happened with my new saw and an acquaintance had the same problem with gas from the same small town gas station.
Would it be idiotic to put it together with a leaking seal considering I don’t think it was causing the problem of starting and stopping?

One seal was leaking and the saw wouldn’t hold pressure. I think my original problem was gas related as it happened with my new saw and an acquaintance had the same problem with gas from the same small town gas station.
Would it be idiotic to put it together with a leaking seal considering I don’t think it was causing the problem of starting and stopping?
If you know you have a faulty crank seal - then you need to replace it. Never heard about that on a young saw such as yours though.
I have repaired a Jonsered 50cc, probably from the 70's, and you might find it at a Stihl 025 that looks like it had been at world war 2.
Those saws are basically used up, so much everything inside is worn out. It doesnt sound like a Dolmar 4 series though.

Back