• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Dolmar 421problem

nitehawk55

nitehawk55

ArboristSite Operative
OP I read through this whole mess and while you did get a saw that had issues your manner and attitude in handling this whole thing leaves one saying....."really"?
There is not a thing wrong with this NEW replacement saw except how you see it in your mind , get over it .

KenJax Tree

KenJax Tree

Terraphobic
My Dad has a German made Dolmar 421 he asked me to try and sell. He's had it about a year and a half or 2 years ago and used it twice (about a tank and a half of 40:1 Trufuel). He has glaucoma and can no longer use a saw.

He wants $250 plus shipping from Michigan. The saw is like brand new, and comes with 2 bars and 2 chains. The CAT is out of the muffler.

NIP Group
woodbutcher56

woodbutcher56

ArboristSite Operative
Nope! Only time it has been run was to test fire and tune at the dealer. It's been rainy here and I'm still not sure if I want to keep it.

KiwiBro

KiwiBro

Mill 'em, nails be damned.
OP I read through this whole mess and while you did get a saw that had issues your manner and attitude in handling this whole thing leaves one saying....."really"?
There is not a thing wrong with this NEW replacement saw except how you see it in your mind , get over it .
You read all 28 pages and question the OP's state of mind? The poster doth protest too much, me thinks.:)

woodbutcher56

woodbutcher56

ArboristSite Operative
I still have a 5105 ,great saw , lots of power ,easy start!!!
I bought a new Echo 501p to replace the makita 421. The guy that bought the 421 loves it.

holeycow

holeycow

Dirt, Air, Water, Sun
just sold my minty 420 :( miss it already ---perfect go to easy starting saw ....
Ran my 420 today. It had been sitting for a few months. 4 squirts on the primer bulb, 1 pull with choke on, one pull with choke off, kick her off high idle and purring like a lion. Smooth, effortless.

I never want to be without a 420/421. I want another just to make sure of that.

fordf150

fordf150

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Ran my 420 today. It had been sitting for a few months. 4 squirts on the primer bulb, 1 pull with choke on, one pull with choke off, kick her off high idle and purring like a lion. Smooth, effortless.

:rock:

I am the same way....if i ever crush my 4300 i wont even wait to repair it, I'll just grab a new one

merc_man

merc_man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Mine sat for just over 3 years and i just got it out again. It was idling on the third pull.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk