Dolmar 421problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OP I read through this whole mess and while you did get a saw that had issues your manner and attitude in handling this whole thing leaves one saying....."really"?
There is not a thing wrong with this NEW replacement saw except how you see it in your mind , get over it .

My Dad has a German made Dolmar 421 he asked me to try and sell. He's had it about a year and a half or 2 years ago and used it twice (about a tank and a half of 40:1 Trufuel). He has glaucoma and can no longer use a saw.

He wants $250 plus shipping from Michigan. The saw is like brand new, and comes with 2 bars and 2 chains. The CAT is out of the muffler.

Woodbucher have you tried the new saw yet?

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Nope! Only time it has been run was to test fire and tune at the dealer. It's been rainy here and I'm still not sure if I want to keep it.

OP I read through this whole mess and while you did get a saw that had issues your manner and attitude in handling this whole thing leaves one saying....."really"?
There is not a thing wrong with this NEW replacement saw except how you see it in your mind , get over it .
You read all 28 pages and question the OP's state of mind? The poster doth protest too much, me thinks.:)

I still have a 5105 ,great saw , lots of power ,easy start!!!
I bought a new Echo 501p to replace the makita 421. The guy that bought the 421 loves it.

just sold my minty 420 :( miss it already ---perfect go to easy starting saw ....

Ran my 420 today. It had been sitting for a few months. 4 squirts on the primer bulb, 1 pull with choke on, one pull with choke off, kick her off high idle and purring like a lion. Smooth, effortless.

I never want to be without a 420/421. I want another just to make sure of that.

Ran my 420 today. It had been sitting for a few months. 4 squirts on the primer bulb, 1 pull with choke on, one pull with choke off, kick her off high idle and purring like a lion. Smooth, effortless.

:rock:

I am the same way....if i ever crush my 4300 i wont even wait to repair it, I'll just grab a new one

Mine sat for just over 3 years and i just got it out again. It was idling on the third pull.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

I bought the 421 off of Wood butcher love the saw 2 pulls and she goes runs awesome dare I say it I like it better than the johnsered 2253 of course the 2253 has more snot but I love that 421 runs awesome

Back