• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade dolmar 5100s plus $ for 550xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greengreer

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Saw is in good shape, overall very clean and with very little wear. Bought about 7-8 months ago and used several days a week since for work and firewood. Can do pho, 16" 3/8 .050 60dl oregon bar w lgx 7t, or 15" .325 .050 total super bar 64-65 dl bar w lpx 8t. Will add cash for a saw in similiar shape. Not really interested in selling. I like the saw alot. Great power, really screams. But I find myself wanting to try the 550. the maybe 1/4 lb less weight and autotune are what intrigue me. KIMG0030.jpg KIMG0030.jpg KIMG0023.jpg

I have used the 5100 in the past and currently own 2x 5105's and 2x 346xp's and a ported 550xp. Have lots of time on stock 550xp's also

Despite having so many top 50cc pro Husky saws I still use the 5105's quite a lot. Depends what i am doing. The better inside and outside spikes on the Dolmar mean i can more easily do much bigger bucking or felling cuts compared to the crappy tiny spikes on the 550xp and 346xp. For limbing of standing trees or stripping a felled trunk then its always the 346xp.

My ported 550xp is an amazing saw. So much power in the same light and nimble chassis. I seem to notice the balance and handling of a saw much more than say a tiny 1/4 lb weight difference.
Stock for stock i would probably go for the Dolmar over the 550xp, simply because i have had them longer and know i can trust the reliability. If i had better bucking spikes on the 550xp and the AT system was a little less temperamental then i might change my mind.

I personally don't think you can go wrong with either saw.

How is your autotune tempermental? I have a 2011 576xpat and has been almost flawless.
I think the 5100 is certainly the better bucking and felling saw of the two. The husky just feels smaller and lighter even though theres not much of a weight difference.

Back