Dolmar 5105 high-speed bog

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I slipped a piece of typing paper between the coil and magnet to set the spacing. I hope that is right.
Hey C-Trout, On page 18 of the Dolmar 5100/5105 repair manual it's showing that .25 mm is the correct gap. I think .25 mm is about .010 I'm thinking a business card might be more accurate or dig that feeler gauge out of the bottom of your tool box. Makita makes a setting gauge (944 500 891)that will put you right on the money. Download the 5100/5105 repair manual. It's free and it's a keeper.Just click on the link below. If you like the repair manual send me a one word reply back "Jackpot"
http://henigins.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/DOLMAR_PS460_510_5100_5105.170101754.pdf

& thanks for the manual. I had it from somewhere else also, but the service manual is smaller than the owner's manual so I have to chuckle when I see it! I wish my autos were similar. Lol!

Next time we go to Estes Park on vacation I will look for the Coloradotrout Saw Repair Shop
Lol. Well, in years gone by, there could have been some truth in that.

Btw. Huge thanks on the gap spec. Paper thin is way too tight. When I set to 10 to 12 thousandths tonight I found it had been rubbing. Not good. You saved me a coil and more. Common sense should have told me that a few thou isn't enough on a high vibration assembly like this.

After reading your post I have just ordered the Makita plastic setting gauge 944 500 891.For just a few bucks it is definitely worth it to get it right everytime.

Coloradotrout, I found this paragraph on coil failure.Could you tell if your spark plug wire had been rubbing on anything? {The leading cause of premature failure of an ignition coil is due to a worn or bad spark plug ignition
cable.A bad spark plug ignition cable will have a much higher than normal resistance. This high resistance causes a very high amount of voltage to be generated from your ignition coil's secondary winding. This excessive voltage creates a high amount of heat which consequently melts the coil's wire insulation.} I knew there was heat involved but just didn't know what caused it.

Latest posts

Back