• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Dolmar 6400 "7.1hp Big Bore" 92cc chainsaw - $950

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent the OP a message on EBay to point him back to this thread. We'll see if he comes back. :)
He probably won't,due to the fact that I turned his thread into a discussion about issues with the original builder,and CC's from aftermarket cyl. bores.
I feel sort of bad for derailing it, and probably should erase my post especially if it doesn't sell on eBay...

The 'builder' of these saws was advertising them regularly on my local cl.
I inquired as to how he got to 92cc and a couple other dubious claims and got a somewhat generic/deceptive/uninformative response.
Seems like nothing short of a scammer to me, or at best clueless, have been regularly flagging him on cl ever since.

Someone could buy this saw on ebay and see what's up with it then return it on the sellers dime because it will pretty obviously not be the stated 92cc.
Seller also has his phone # listed if anyone is that curious or wants to warn him that his saw is very unlikely to be what he believes it to be...

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't kept up with this thread. I had to leave out of town unexpectedly. Computeruser the saw was purchased from Scott Poosh in Killingworth, Connecticut. He does really nice work and in my opinion he is a very honest gentleman. As far as specs etc he is the one that modified the saw and he would be better able to answer the more technical questions. And yes he confirmed it is right at about 92cc with his mods. I lowered the price and it is on Ebay for anyone that is interested.

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't kept up with this thread. I had to leave out of town unexpectedly. Computeruser the saw was purchased from Scott Poosh in Killingworth, Connecticut. He does really nice work and in my opinion he is a very honest gentleman. As far as specs etc he is the one that modified the saw and he would be better able to answer the more technical questions. And yes he confirmed it is right at about 92cc with his mods. I lowered the price and it is on Ebay for anyone that is interested.
Glws. If it dosnt sell and ya wanna do some trading. Give me a holar. My 501P has to find a new home before I'll buy another. That all said. Many guys on this site and else where have ask Scott about his saws and he won't give any info. So that's why everyone is so skeptical.
And one of the reasons I'd like to tear into one. Second reason is the case volume is so small on these saws I need to wrap my head around how he's getting it to work. Lol.
Again best of luck with sell.

I think you will find that his name is actually Scott Papoosha , Poosh's Saw Shop and Running Brook Farms Nursery and Landscape supply Killingworth CT (860)391-5449 I am glad that you received a product that you were satisfied with. I have had mixed results in dealing with him . How exactly did he confirm that it was 92cc? Did he tell you what piston and cylinder combination he used? The reason I am curious is because your new starting price on eBay is getting close to the range that I would risk the money on. Do you have a reserve price on eBay or is the starting price actually where it starts? What would possibly push me and possibly others over the edge would be a Video of the saw in action. Thanks for your time...

The 'builder' of these saws was advertising them regularly on my local cl.
I inquired as to how he got to 92cc and a couple other dubious claims and got a somewhat generic/deceptive/uninformative response.
Seems like nothing short of a scammer to me, or at best clueless, have been regularly flagging him on cl ever since.

Someone could buy this saw on ebay and see what's up with it then return it on the sellers dime because it will pretty obviously not be the stated 92cc.
Seller also has his phone # listed if anyone is that curious or wants to warn him that his saw is very unlikely to be what he believes it to be...
i do the same on all the facebook chainsaw sales sites

The problem with Poosh and his saws is he skirts around answering any questions and often just quits replying to customers if you ask such simple questions as "what is the bore and stroke?" If a builder/dealer/seller refuses to answer such a basic question and goes so far as to hang up the phone or quit answering emails/facebook posts that is a huge red flag. There are so many questions with his saws and yet he will not answer ANY of them.

Adding to the distrust of him and his saws is the fact that not a single one of them has ever ended up in the hands of a trusted member here for a complete tear down/inspection. They all end up with people that only know what they read in his ads and have nothing to compare them to.....92cc 7.1hp he advertises would be a good comparison to a woods ported 660 but they have never been compared to that let alone just a stock 7900 or 461 to see if his claims are even remotely close.

The fact is that I have been told the 7900 doesnt have the case volume to support much over 80cc by several builders I trust and the BB kits are proof of that, between the tiny transfer ports mandated by the very mild 2mm larger bore and small case volume they dont run any better than a stock 78.5cc topend.

@MillerModSaws you ever want to buy one of these saws new/used i will contribute a little to the cause just for curiosity sake so a full tear down/inspection thread is done on his saws to end this debate once and for all.

i do the same on all the facebook chainsaw sales sites

The problem with Poosh and his saws is he skirts around answering any questions and often just quits replying to customers if you ask such simple questions as "what is the bore and stroke?" If a builder/dealer/seller refuses to answer such a basic question and goes so far as to hang up the phone or quit answering emails/facebook posts that is a huge red flag. There are so many questions with his saws and yet he will not answer ANY of them.

Adding to the distrust of him and his saws is the fact that not a single one of them has ever ended up in the hands of a trusted member here for a complete tear down/inspection. They all end up with people that only know what they read in his ads and have nothing to compare them to.....92cc 7.1hp he advertises would be a good comparison to a woods ported 660 but they have never been compared to that let alone just a stock 7900 or 461 to see if his claims are even remotely close.

The fact is that I have been told the 7900 doesnt have the case volume to support much over 80cc by several builders I trust and the BB kits are proof of that, between the tiny transfer ports mandated by the very mild 2mm larger bore and small case volume they dont run any better than a stock 78.5cc topend.

@MillerModSaws you ever want to buy one of these saws new/used i will contribute a little to the cause just for curiosity sake so a full tear down/inspection thread is done on his saws to end this debate once and for all.
If I could turn the 501P I have built here. The OP and I would be trying to strike a deal. I need to check the eBay status. Lol.

We get a peak down the gullet of the beast...

92cc.jpg

Looks to be an am bb kit as opposed to some alternate cylinder. Is that a spacer under there?
To get near 92cc it would need 3 more mm of stroke with a 54mm bore or a 56mm bore.
A Solo crank doesn't get it there...

The ex roof looks kinda flat, a bit carboned up, though the piston appears in good shape.

We get a peak down the gullet of the beast...

View attachment 584501

Looks to be an am bb kit as opposed to some alternate cylinder. Is that a spacer under there?
To get near 92cc it would need 3 more mm of stroke with a 54mm bore or a 56mm bore.
A Solo crank doesn't get it there...

The ex roof looks kinda flat, a bit carboned up, though the piston appears in good shape.
I thought as well that it appeared to be an AM BB cylinder,but not well enough versed in them to say for sure but was glad to see the 3 pic's that he added to eBay. In the close up of the piston it appears to be in pristine condition. I am confident now that the 385 P and C that Scott told me he used was definitely not the case. And this confirms like I said earlier he was just making it up as he went... I hope that this seller can find a buyer, because in the end the saw may have been misrepresented by the builder but is a fairly nice saw for the price listed on eBay with the options that are included. I can't help but feel bad for him due to the fact that I am sure that he paid the $1200 or $1400 dollars that Scott list these on eBay for and obviously has had minimal use...

I think you will find that his name is actually Scott Papoosha , Poosh's Saw Shop and Running Brook Farms Nursery and Landscape supply Killingworth CT (860)391-5449 I am glad that you received a product that you were satisfied with. I have had mixed results in dealing with him . How exactly did he confirm that it was 92cc? Did he tell you what piston and cylinder combination he used? The reason I am curious is because your new starting price on eBay is getting close to the range that I would risk the money on. Do you have a reserve price on eBay or is the starting price actually where it starts? What would possibly push me and possibly others over the edge would be a Video of the saw in action. Thanks for your time...
A friend of mine had a saw ported by him. It apparently ran worse then stock. I have heard similar stories from other people I know who have bought his saws.

Back