Dolmar dealer locator

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedanman

Just cut the piano!!
Reaction score
The Dolmar web site is poor. Stihl and Husqvarna do a much better job of helping you find a dealer in your area. Dolmar Tech Manager will put you in touch with the distributor in your area but you have to rely on someone with limited knowlwdge of where you live to read off dealers they think might be close to you. If the guy on the phone finds one that you say is not too far away he stops looking, for all you and he know there's one closer. If anyone reading this has any input to the Dolmar website PLEASE IMPROVE THE DEALER LOCATOR! The distributor in my area gave me a "dealer" 5 miles from my house. The problem is this "dealer" is a rental shop and only has a dealer agreement to secure saws and parts for his renatal business, he stocks NOTHING.

One of the reasons I bought a Stihl was that the dealer locator was both current and accurate. I figured if they took that end of things seriously, I could rely on the rest of the service package.

Sedan, maybe you know (and possibly don't care at this stage) but Makita is the same saw as dolmar and you might be able to get better service out of makita shops?

Originally posted by SasquatchMan

Sedan, maybe you know (and possibly don't care at this stage) but Makita is the same saw as dolmar and you might be able to get better service out of makita shops?

In this area I have never seen a saw shop carry Makita. Although they are the same saw the shops will carry Dolmar. The few Makita's have been in box stores.

Bill

I now own 2 Dolmars. I don't need a dealer for service, I want one as an easy source for parts. Yes I know the Makitas are the same but thank you for pointing it out. Looks like there is a Makita dealer 23.6 mile from my house. I will call them tomorrow and see what they're about.

Seems to me most Makitas are carried by folks that sell Makita electric tools.Also sort of a no fault way to get box sales.

In my area it seems a little easier to find somebody to service product. Almost evrybody knows everybody else for 50 miles or more around, and ithey know who's selling what.

I had a bug in my bonnet to get me a solo sprayer last spring. There are two local dealers I call most often; one sells Jonsered and Efco, the other sells Dolmar and Efco. When I called the Jonsered guy about who might sell Solo, he told me to check with the other guy....he was set up with the company that distributes solo, as well as some other stuff.

I didn't buy a Solo. The Dolmar/ EFCO guy had an Echo traded-in unit nobody wanted, for a really good price...basically threw it in for buying a new trimmer. Sometimes I think these guys see me coming and salivate....

Well, I called the Makita "dealer" today only to find out they are no longer selling Makita they went "Still" Yes the girl on the phone pronounced Stihl as Still. I willl find a local parts source! Where is Dan Henry's shop anyway?

Back