Dolmar PS-352 / Makita EA3601

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allar

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey friends, couple questions regarding the mentioned saw.

Can i upgrade it to .325 ?
How well does this saw respond to a muffler mod? I would most likely enlarge the existing outlet but not quite sure how much.
What would be the meanest chain for that saw in 3/8 lp pitch?

At some point this dolkita was really hot topic but it seems like people have lost the interest.

Made some first cut videos aswell if anyone interested.

I have the EA3500 so I'm not sure what the motor difference is. It responded really good to a muffler mod. I have a couple other saws in the 30-40cc range and this saw cuts the fastest. In 1O" fir it's not that much slower than the 50cc saws I have.
For chains stick with the 3/8lp. Go with the Carlton N1C chain thats a semi chisel. Cut test I did was about 20% faster than a the best Oregon chain I tried.

I had a 3601 with muffler mod and timing advance. Very snappy little saw.

I would stick with 3/8 LP chain. Archer makes value priced chisel chain otherwise some full service Stihl dealers will spin you a loop of PS or PS3 chain which is top of the heap for cutting speed.

Hey friends, couple questions regarding the mentioned saw.

Can i upgrade it to .325 ?
How well does this saw respond to a muffler mod? I would most likely enlarge the existing outlet but not quite sure how much.
What would be the meanest chain for that saw in 3/8 lp pitch?

At some point this dolkita was really hot topic but it seems like people have lost the interest.

Made some first cut videos aswell if anyone interested.

You should upgrade it to a .043 bar with the Oregon nano chain, wow what a difference that makes to small saws!, muffler bearings would only be a fragment of what it does to your cut speed.

The Dolmar/Makita 32cc is with this bar/chain stock, not sure about yours.

Latest posts

Back