dolmar PS-421 mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had the 420 for 3 years, let my buddy use it and keep it at his house all the time. This buddy of mine is hard on equipment, no foolin around, and that saw still runs great!!! He has a pile of dead poulans.

I started removing the epoxy with a pick and butanetorch to hear it up and make it soft. Which worked ok but after rich did a 5105 with cut off wheel I tried that and have done 4 in the last week that way. Much faster and easier

Late to the 421 party, some great info on this thread.

I have a Makita EA4300 on order and wondering if there are still any Euro mufflers around anywhere for this saw? Above link shows no longer available.

Thanks in advance.

Late to the 421 party, some great info on this thread.

I have a Makita EA4300 on order and wondering if there are still any Euro mufflers around anywhere for this saw? Above link shows no longer available.

Thanks in advance.
Not really but the cat is so easy to remove that I only ever sold a couple euro mufflers

Just an FYI. Was using my 421 last weekend and she started acting like it was running out of fuel, even though I just refueled, well we know the fuel lines can slip off, sure enough the line was setting at the bottom of the tank. I grabbed two green O-rings and I was back to cutting in under 5 minutes. I do wonder how long the rings will last in fuel?

Just an FYI. Was using my 421 last weekend and she started acting like it was running out of fuel, even though I just refueled, well we know the fuel lines can slip off, sure enough the line was setting at the bottom of the tank. I grabbed two green O-rings and I was back to cutting in under 5 minutes. I do wonder how long the rings will last in fuel?

If they were the same green o ring I use they will last a couple years easy. They have been on my personal saw for 4 or 5 years now.

Not sure what they are made of but the o rings I use are for air conditioning lines

Latest posts

Back