Dolmar ps-6100 mandatory mods????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Above is about the best mod you can do and if I may add, get it simply broken in.

good luck!

Make sure to drill out the multi-stage canooter valve! Use at least a 1/2" drill bit....... just kiddin. Keep chain sharp and air filter clean and run that s.o.b.!

Good fb+ mineral oil (no synthetics) and run it like you stole it and want to kill it. A good break in (ring seal) is an opportunity you get one go at......so get it right. No easy peasy gentle break in with heat cycles, just plenty of WOT and plenty of load. Pressure seats rings and you want plenty of it. I am jealous and wish l was breaking in a 6100 2day. l have a 6400 and would love to run a 6100 side by side and see for myself how reed induction improves the mid range.

They don't come with one. 5105 spikes don't match either. They can work with some tweaking. That and the plastic clutch cover are my only dislikes on the 6100

They don't come with one. 5105 spikes don't match either. They can work with some tweaking. That and the plastic clutch cover are my only dislikes on the 6100
I am surprised the 5105 comes with inner and outer, but the 6100 does'nt.
Have the plastic clutch covers ever caused more problems or proved to be weaker? Just wondering.

I don't think they are any better or worse. The one on the 6100 works great and doesn't jam up. But it's already beat and missing chunks on the inside. And it doesnt have the rubber chip guard. So they don't hold up as well but are only $20ish to replace. I got a 5105 cover with the rubber chip guard and it fits fine and is holding up better so far.

Latest posts

Back